Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 13:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: WSGF Podcast - Episode 2
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2014, 16:20 
Founder
Founder

Here is Episode 2 of the WSGF Podcast, featuring Simon "TheDestroyer" and Chris "peanut".

)

This week they take a look at:

Titanfall Recap (0:17)
Steambox and Origin (1:40)
CryEngine on Linux (3:56)
Multi-Monitor Gaming Advantage Discussion (6:36)
Sony, Oculus, VR Headset News (12:14)
Age of Ascent World Record Attempt (17:49)

Top 5 Battlestations from reddit's r/battlestations (20:04)

Stick of Truth Give-Away (26:03)

Simon Says: QuakeCon Anyone? (27:50)

You can contact the guys in the Podcast at the links below. Feel free to email your comments and suggestions to the guys, with the links below.

[email protected]

http://twitter.com/WSGF
http://twitter.com/ComputerLasko
http://twitter.com/thedestroyerFTW

Last edited by skipclarke on 20 Mar 2014, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2014, 18:05 
Editors
Editors

Lol I was so nervous about camera 2 shutting off, I looked right at it. Whoopss

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 11:34 
Administrators
Administrators

alright gents, another good podcast.
Cheers :clap:

re: Age Of Ascent, it was an interesting evening shared with the Illyriad Games team (creator of Age of Ascent), there was a Guinness World Record representative, beer, pizza and a hoard of gamers hanging around after office hours to put the work computers to a different use!
There was a mad rush before the record attempt started as the devs poured over the servers and monitoring to ensure that everything went smoothly, then of cause was the eye of the storm while we waited for the 4070+ player peak, which sadly as the night drew on became less likely that it would be hit, at least that evening!

The current world record is held by Eve Online for the massive 6DVT? battle that comprised of 4070 players, sadly AoA came in at just shy of 1k players online at any given time, however had over 6k players over the duration of the evening, I understand that there is going to be another potential attempt at this, this time hopefully with a bit more notice of the event to allow the word to spread, as you said in the video I was late in being given the OK by the CEO to post about the event online.

The evening did however prove to the Illyriad team that the servers can and do scale well and seamlessly, at one point during the record attempt it was believed that too many servers had been provisioned for the number of players online, giving most players the feeling of being in a slightly empty space environment, this has now been resolved and a tighter packing order has been applied to ensure there is a good deal of balance between number of players and the sheer infinite size of space that players can combat in!

All in all it was a fun and interesting evening, I wish James and all the other Illyriad team members all the best of luck in their next attempt! :)

As for your battle stations, I would like to see more stations from the WSGF community, although it is nice to see what else is around like on reddit etc, perhaps it would be possible (if the wsgf community can post some pics) to get some wsgf battle stations in there, at the very least 1 a week along side others from reddit etc would be nice. :)

Here is one I take just now of my work battlecreation-station... (note I am let down by my team mate who sits on the right hand side of the desk, what a mess :( )
Attachment:
File comment: Work Desk
20140324_102924.jpg
20140324_102924.jpg [ 2.66 MiB | Viewed 5334 times ]

And my man-cave setup at home, I REALLY need a new desk!..
Attachment:
File comment: Home Desk
20131025_181551[1].jpg
20131025_181551[1].jpg [ 2.59 MiB | Viewed 5320 times ]

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2014, 09:55 
Administrators
Administrators

Great job again guys, I look forward to the next one.

As per the youtube comments, a little bit more light would be good as it felt a bit dark, but only a small thing anyway!

Bloody hell delphium, that's some serious kit.

I'll get some photos of my battlestation up for an upcoming episode!