Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 16:34 
Founder
Founder

Raven Software has released the source code for the Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy games in the wake of the death of Lucasarts. Here's hoping we get a proper triplehead fix for these games now!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jedioutcast/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jediacademy/

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2013, 18:54 
Insiders
Insiders

So sad about LucasArts..then again LucasArts "was no more" for quite some time now...

Still interested about the source code..hehehe...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2013, 00:25 
Insiders
Insiders

There is already a community project, OpenJK, aiming to improve the code for both games. :)

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2013, 03:32 
Insiders
Insiders

I LOVED this series. Especially the last two, Outcast and Jedi Academy. The combat system was absurd fun and I was always disappointed that a followup didn't happen. Force Unleashed just... wasn't that great. My favorite thing was turning on force run, throwing my lightsaber, and running around in a circle. The saber swings around you and, if you time it right, you can make it orbit your body and turn yourself into a spinning wheel of death. :D

As I recall, Jedi Academy did have triple monitor support but only up to 1280x1024 displays. If you were willing, you could drop the resolution down on your 3x1L setup and go crazy stretch. :D

Game always crashed when attempting to force higher settings, though. :( Here's hoping I can play through it again at full resolution.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2013, 04:37 
Editors
Editors

Zencyde wrote:
I LOVED this series. Especially the last two, Outcast and Jedi Academy. The combat system was absurd fun and I was always disappointed that a followup didn't happen. Force Unleashed just... wasn't that great. My favorite thing was turning on force run, throwing my lightsaber, and running around in a circle. The saber swings around you and, if you time it right, you can make it orbit your body and turn yourself into a spinning wheel of death. :D

As I recall, Jedi Academy did have triple monitor support but only up to 1280x1024 displays. If you were willing, you could drop the resolution down on your 3x1L setup and go crazy stretch. :D

Game always crashed when attempting to force higher settings, though. :( Here's hoping I can play through it again at full resolution.

JK had support for any triplehead set, so long as you were willing to edit a .cfg and put up with a stretched/spanned HUD. I wrote a hack to fix both games, but never got around to figuring out how to implement them as plugins for either FWS or WSF. Now I'm just gonna shelve em and see what people do with the source code. I also PMed cranky_hermit to see if I can convince him to do with these games what he did with RTCW.

Edit: Seeing as he hasn't been online since August, I'm going to take a crack at implementing his fix myself, but I don't have much hope.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 03:04 
Founder
Founder

thelolotov wrote:
Edit: Seeing as he hasn't been online since August, I'm going to take a crack at implementing his fix myself, but I don't have much hope.

Try Helifax or HaYDeN or dopefish. Our active developers are pretty good...

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2013, 21:36 

I get a "page not found" error for both those links? :(

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2013, 23:01 

WormSlayer wrote:

for some reason they both seem to have been taken down.

i7 3770K (Ivy bridge) | Corsair Dominator 32GB | Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus Intel Z77 | Corsair H100i | 2 x Gigabyte ATi Radeon HD 7950 in crossfire | NXZT Phantom case | OCZ 1000W Powersupply | Samsung 840 PRO 256GB | 2x OCZ agility 3 60GB SSDs | 2x 1TB HDDs |

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2013, 01:45 
Insiders
Insiders

LuckyNoS7evin wrote:
WormSlayer wrote:

http://www.ogrejungle.com/jedi-academy- ... 013-04-11/

Hm...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2013, 01:46 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:
LuckyNoS7evin wrote:
WormSlayer wrote:

http://www.ogrejungle.com/jedi-academy- ... 013-04-11/

Hm...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Raven-So ... 4896.shtml

So after they Purge the useless "Bink" c@p they will re-load it:) Legal issues with Bink and their "probably very old tech"..