Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 2H 2012 Donation Drive
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2012, 17:06 
Founder
Founder

thanks

Progress:
$952 / $3000

I'd like to thank everyone for their great response in our previous donation drive. You helped us cover our first half hosting costs, and the awards for 2011. We are coming to you one more time to ask for help, for our second half hosting costs and the 2012 awards.

As before, donating $25 will net you an "I Donated" badge, and donating $100 or more will get the "Like A Boss" badge added. All donations here will be cumulative for the year. If you donate more than $200, talk to me and we'll see about getting you a custom one-of-a-kind badge.

Please note - Prior to the donation drives, the *ONLY* people on the site to have the "Like a Boss" badge are the four-man Admin Team (skipclarke, AussieTimmeh, CrackerJackMack and Delphium).

Previously, we had stated that the badges would be on your profile for just 2012. I have decided that this is our last formal donation drive for hosting costs (we'll set up a generic donation button for 2013 onward), and I've decided that the donation related badges will stay on your profile permanently.

Doanted
Boss

Below is the Q&A from the original donation drive earlier in the year.

What do I get for donating?

You get a nice warm fuzzy feeling in your heart. If you donate $25 or more, I'll add the "I Donated" badge to your profile. If you donate $100 or more, I'll also add the "Like a Boss" badge to your profile.

Last edited by skipclarke on 09 Jan 2013, 15:54, edited 20 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2012, 04:01 

Hello. When I try to donate and click the GIVE sign, nothing happens. I've tried Firefox and IE. I'm not sure what's going on?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2012, 05:09 
Founder
Founder

khanitez wrote:
Hello. When I try to donate and click the GIVE sign, nothing happens. I've tried Firefox and IE. I'm not sure what's going on?

Thanks for letting me know. Looks like the PayPal Labs website is down (where I got the widget). If it's still down tomorrow, I'll put up a regular donate button. Thanks for letting me know. Maybe this explains why the last donation was a couple days ago...

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2012, 16:22 
Founder
Founder

PayPal Labs is still down, so the widget is useless. Updated the block with a basic donate button, and I will track the progress manually.