Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 04:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013, 14:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Flawless Widescreen v1.0.10

After a long wait the latest rendition of Flawless Widescreen has been released, this addresses a number of bug fixes, expands the functionality as well as increasing productivity when it comes to creating plugins - just about every plugin now supports signature scanning meaning that the plugins will work on just about any release of the game, including in some cases completely different builds such as demo versions.

You can download the latest version [here]

NOTE: I've tried to make the migration as seamless as possible but If you do have problems after the upgrade - you may need to download the installer again and re-install, the installer now removes all existing files before installation, the previous installer simply overwrote the existing files which in a lot of cases would not solve issues that sometimes arise.

Changes in this release:

Existing Plugins

• Just about all plugins have been rewritten to take advantage of the new features, including signature scanning which means that the plugins should work on just about any version of the game, often including the demo's... some plugins have been entirely revisited to improve the fix, eg.

Updates:

• TESV: Skyrim - No longer any issues with notes, pretty much a complete re-write again.

• Mass Effect 2 - The HUD is now 100% fixed.

• Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic - alot more reliable than the previous fix.

• Skydrift - no more disappearing water.

• I Am Alive - no more pop-in due to incorrect culling at high FOV's

New Plugins:

• Darksiders

• Defiance

• Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

• Jet Set Radio

• Resident Evil 6

• Sega & Sonic: All Stars Racing Transformed

• The Walking Dead

• Tomb Raider: Anniversary

• Tomb Raider: Legend

• Tomb Raider: Underworld

• Zeno Clash 2

Configuration Menu

• Fixed order of the Horizontal and Vertical settings under Surround Assumption

• Fixed a bug where 3x2 for example may cause it to crash during iteration due to missing grid informtion during display building.

• Fixed Bezel Compensation Checkbox not enabling/disabling configuration based on its state.

• Start with Windows option now actually adds a entry to the registry facilitating auto startup.

• Fixed issues with DPI scaling.

Plugin XML Definition

• Added several definitions that can be used as tokens, eg. $MNS = modules namespace, $PNS = plugins namespace. etc.

• Added FixRating for defining how complete a fix is, currently not in use but provisioned. (0-100)

Main Window / General

• Added donation button (suggested by several members of the community)

• Added Close Tab / Close Tabs button to menu bar.

• Fixed issues with DPI scaling.

• Added progress bar for downloads and rewrote portions of the PluginManager engine.

• GDI Font caching now defaults to Tahoma or MS Shell Dlg 2 depending on the windows version.

Plugin Virtual Machine

• Now powered by LUAJit instead of LUA - this enables JIT compilation of LUA increasing its performance

• Require() can now be used, meaning scripts can be split across several files.

• Several enviromental variables are now pushed to the LUA instances.

HackTool Module

• Huge changes to the modularity of the various different objects used for memory manipulation, alot more object oreintated

• Added a decompiler engine, this is based on the Open Source project BeaEngine - this allows automatic code injection and enables alot of automatic calculations.

• Added a assembly compiler engine, this is based on the Open Source project FlatASM - again enabling automatic code injection, assembly strings can now be used instead of byte arrays.

• Added GetInfo() Function which can be called on any address based object.

• Rewrote the Pattern/Signature scanning functions for increased performance.

DisplayDetection

• Updated the NVIDIA and AMD libraries to the latest versions.

• Fixed a bug where if Flawless Widescreen is running and a display change is detected due to a remote RDP session, Flawless Widescreen may crash.

General Bug Fixes

• Too many to list...

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Last edited by HaYDeN on 12 Jun 2013, 19:07, edited 2 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013, 14:18 

Wow, amazing job! This update fixed some issues for me (mainly the Mass Effect games). Thanks for the hard work

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013, 20:26 

Thanks alot for the update Hayden. :)

What happned to The Secret World?

It worked very well for me as it was, and made the game very playable. Now it is gone?

Regards
Thornqvist

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2013, 00:09 

Hi there Hayden. Firstly thanks for all your hard work!

I have downloaded the new installer and manually removed the old version, however the new version gets stuck in a continuos update loop. Cancelling the update gets me into the program but then none of the game modules work. If I close and restart the program the update loop starts again. Are there any hidden settings or program files from the previous version I still need to remove?

Update: OK got it to work. Restored a backup of the old program and let it do an auto update. Thanks Hayden!!

Last edited by Bogomips on 06 Jun 2013, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2013, 14:06 

We need aspect ratio option for Call of Juarez Gunslinger. Blacks bars are too wide for 16:10 monitors.

Thanks for new version.

Regards

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2013, 14:36 
Insiders
Insiders

Landau wrote:
We need aspect ratio option for Call of Juarez Gunslinger. Blacks bars are too wide for 16:10 monitors.

Thanks for new version.

Regards

Demo is installing, I'll take a look... no garentee it would work on retail.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2013, 16:30 

call of duty9 black ops II does not work well with flawless widescreen v1.0.10 ,but in v.1.0.09,it works very good.should the fws_pulgins.fws be updated again?

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2013, 18:32 

Is there any particular reason that the Dark Souls plugin was removed in this version? And if so, can someone please direct me to where I can download an older version?

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2013, 02:55 
Insiders
Insiders

Awesome, welcome back, thanks.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2013, 07:16 

Kiba27 wrote:
Is there any particular reason that the Dark Souls plugin was removed in this version? And if so, can someone please direct me to where I can download an older version?

^exactly what he said.