Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 06:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 May 2013, 16:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Dear Ladies and Gents,

I've been busy in the last few days with my plugins for WideScreen Fixer regarding Mass Effect 1,2,3.
While both Me1 and Me2 have been improved to provide the complete Surround/Eyefinity experience I want to take about Mass Effect 3 plugin who suffered a complete revamp.

All the problems with the game have now been completely addressed !

- Interface completely and properly centered.
- Complete fix of in-game Field of View both SP & MP and no more freaking pointers!!!!.
- Surround/Eyefinity Cinematics (no more center screen).
- Correct Field of View in all cinematics (like intended by Bioware).
- Correct Player scale both in Single and Multiplayer.
- Fully compatible with TexMod.

Rather than overriding the in-game FOV like before the user can now add to the FOV an amount in degrees and thus maintaining the intended outcome !!!!
The plugin will also tell the user what is the optimal field of view for his current setup, but will not apply it automatically. The user will need to add the difference if he wants.
It will also tell the user the current in-game field of view, but only once he is in the actual game!

Works both Origin 1.0.5 and Origin Demo versions. I do not know about the Trilogy edition but I guess it requires Origin and is the same game.

Screenies:

The plugin is part of WideScreen Fixer. You can still use the plugin from here if you want to.
Also I made a video of the plugin in action in 3D Surround and you will be able to see it at 3D Surround Gaming Gallery

Best Regards,
HelifaxRead More

Attachments:
File comment: Mass Effect 3 Plugin REVAMP
Plugin.Mass_Effect_3_Revamp.rar [13.8 KiB]
Downloaded 498 times

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Last edited by helifax on 02 Jun 2013, 17:04, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 30 May 2013, 23:50 

Thank you very much for your efforts helifax. I have recently started playing the series a few days ago (starting with ME1).

I have the game working in tripplewide using the existing plugin, of course with the associated issues regarding how the galaxy map and planet labels don't scale correctly (causes lots of confusion when trying to fly around between relays).

Does the updated plugin solve the galaxy map problems for ME1?

Again, thank you very much for your efforts and I can't wait to play through the entire series with these widescreen fixes.

PostPosted: 31 May 2013, 03:24 
Insiders
Insiders

miked1883 wrote:
Thank you very much for your efforts helifax. I have recently started playing the series a few days ago (starting with ME1).

I have the game working in tripplewide using the existing plugin, of course with the associated issues regarding how the galaxy map and planet labels don't scale correctly (causes lots of confusion when trying to fly around between relays).

Does the updated plugin solve the galaxy map problems for ME1?

Again, thank you very much for your efforts and I can't wait to play through the entire series with these widescreen fixes.

No, unfortunately that is the only thing that is hard to solve... The reason is because is sharing the same information as the HUD.
So basically if I fit it in the center monitor it also gets compressed...since the galaxy map is rendered on all 3 screens and thus they don't align anymore... I know is a pain in the ass to go from a to b...but the way I do it is to temporally disable the fix before going to the galaxy map, enter the map, select the planet, re-enable the fix to press the "travel" button

Now from what I remember...
in Me1 the description aligns with the star cluster if your mouse if over it
in Me2 is a mess and you need to do the above
in Me3 the behavior is aprox like Me1

I spent alot of time on this in Me3 but to results...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2013, 18:10 

Hey m8,

The new version of Widescreen Fixer doesn't have a fix for retail version ME1.

Should I use the existing plugin from an older version or are you working on a new one?

Taniz

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2013, 19:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Taniz wrote:
Hey m8,

The new version of Widescreen Fixer doesn't have a fix for retail version ME1.

Should I use the existing plugin from an older version or are you working on a new one?

Taniz

Yes I know,

I was forced to remove the Retail Version for ME1 and ME2 since all the plugins are completely re-written.
However, adding those versions back is trivial, but... I don't have access to them:( (I only have the Steam/Origin) versions...
However, if someone will want to help me we can add them back. (It involves me accessing the computer via TeamViewer, the game, and Cheat Engine, nothing more) :)

Best Regards,
Helifax

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2013, 19:52 

I can give you acces to my computer, like I did last time :)

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2013, 20:07 

Using Widescreen Fixer 3.4 r662 with the "v1.05 - Revamp Edition" plugin (2.4 r660), it seems to be able to detect that the game is running but not what the current FOV is. As a result, enabling the fix sets the FOV to be really, really high no matter what the settings are.

I guess that means Widescreen Fixer is broken for the current version of ME3.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2013, 01:57 
Insiders
Insiders

HunterZ wrote:
Using Widescreen Fixer 3.4 r662 with the "v1.05 - Revamp Edition" plugin (2.4 r660), it seems to be able to detect that the game is running but not what the current FOV is. As a result, enabling the fix sets the FOV to be really, really high no matter what the settings are.

What settings are you using exactly? Have you configured the plugin?

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2013, 05:21 

helifax wrote:
HunterZ wrote:

1920x1080, running in a borderless window (via in-game graphics settings) on a Radeon HD5870 on Windows 7 x64.

Tried various plugin settings, but none mattered. Regardless of what monitor settings I chose (including auto) or FoV settings, I always got the same super-wide FoV whenever the fix was enabled.

I ended up just using a coalesced.bin editor to define FoV hotkeys and such, and it works fine.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2013, 20:08 
Insiders
Insiders

HunterZ wrote:
helifax wrote:
HunterZ wrote:

1920x1080, running in a borderless window (via in-game graphics settings) on a Radeon HD5870 on Windows 7 x64.

Tried various plugin settings, but none mattered. Regardless of what monitor settings I chose (including auto) or FoV settings, I always got the same super-wide FoV whenever the fix was enabled.

I ended up just using a coalesced.bin editor to define FoV hotkeys and such, and it works fine.

Just as I thought;)) The tool was meant to work with multiple screens. You can grab the previous version (which come with WSF) at http://widescreenfixer.org and there you can manually set the FOV.