Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 02:16 
Insiders
Insiders

I got a request some time ago to take a look at this game + expansion (!?) (Thanks for Valcan_S for donating the games). Since I do love good platformers and I do enjoy Rayman very much I gave it a try;)) I will not make a review of this game but suffice to say that this game introduces some awesome mechanics and is enough to keep you hooked up (at least it did with me).

What I want to focus is the problem with Surround/Eyefinity Rendering.

By default, you can select the resolution just fine. Aspect Ratio from the config is locked between the regular values, but the game DOES however calculate the correct aspect ratio. However the game exhibits a Vert- behavior meaning everything is UBER zoomed...

I did played today with the games (expansion is stand-alone) and fixed this behavior, so now the game is acting as it should...in a HOR+ fashion.
I tested this only on 3 Monitors on Landscape, but I image it should work on all setups.

The engine comes with 2 renderers, a DX9 and DX10-11. Personally I haven't seen a difference but oh well... I fixed both of them.
The reason I did this is since the game is almost flawless in 3D Vision Surround but ONLY on DX9 rendering. Under DX 11 it has some weird halos and the likes..

Screenies (2D):

Screenies (3D):
I have attached a couple to this post so you can download and see them;))

The plugins for WSF are not done yet, but I plan to make them in tomorrow (hopefully). In the meantime I hope you enjoy the screenshots;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Last edited by helifax on 12 Oct 2013, 12:03, edited 3 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2013, 05:47 
Insiders
Insiders

Oh nice - I actually requested this from the Dev's on Steam and they said that they would look into it - but now it's done :) Heaps more platformers to fix when you 200% darksiders 2 :P

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 12:25 
Editors
Editors

Nice going helifax ! The devs are nice and all but never actually did a damn thing about the Vert- FOV.

Does your fix affect the range of camera movement ? By default the wider the screen, the less you can look around the sisters (using RS). So in tallscreen, not only do you get a Vert+ FOV but you can also push the camera up and down way further than in landscape mode... useful for spotting secrets and traps. Bit of a cheat, actually.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 13:37 
Insiders
Insiders

scavvenjahh wrote:
Nice going helifax ! The devs are nice and all but never actually did a damn thing about the Vert- FOV.

Does your fix affect the range of camera movement ? By default the wider the screen, the less you can look around the sisters (using RS). So in tallscreen, not only do you get a Vert+ FOV but you can also push the camera up and down way further than in landscape mode... useful for spotting secrets and traps. Bit of a cheat, actually.

Yes panning/moving the camera around is also working. when I check it;)) I will probably release the fixes in the coming days.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2013, 15:19 
Insiders
Insiders

Finally had the time to finish the plugins for both games.
You can download them at: 3D Surround Gallery -> My WSF Mods

Happy gaming;)

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2013, 07:36 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:

Happy gaming;)

Yay for the man they call Helifax - he took five minutes out of his gaming time to give us a fix *raises Helifax onto one shoulder*...*Helifax falls off and cripples his hands* - oh well you had a good run :P

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2013, 08:29 
Insiders
Insiders

Has anyone tested this game yet? For some reason the game appears fuzzy or off in some way - just looks weird. Anyone else notice this - in DX9/D11 :/

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2013, 08:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Toothless Spoon wrote:
Has anyone tested this game yet? For some reason the game appears fuzzy or off in some way - just looks weird. Anyone else notice this - in DX9/D11 :/

EDIT: Looks like its something happening with the game and steam - the dev's know about it and will be fixing it.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013, 02:05 
Insiders
Insiders

helifax wrote:

Happy gaming;)

Hey Helifax, AWESOME man works perfectly for me, rad work as always, thanks a tone man \m/

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013, 04:12 
Insiders
Insiders

Toothless Spoon wrote:
Toothless Spoon wrote:

EDIT: Looks like its something happening with the game and steam - the dev's know about it and will be fixing it.

Now that you mention it, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is jacked up in DX11/10 if you switch to DX9 it is better it still looks a bit fussy but way way better.

But what is odd the new one Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord works perfectly in DX11/10 and is not fuzzy for me what so ever, not sure what happened to the original version?

Did you have problems with the new one or the old one, for me its the old one?