Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 09:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 May 2014, 22:48 
Insiders
Insiders

GammaBeam69 wrote:
Hey helifax great work, i've downloaded the plugin and i'm using it with the latest widescreen fixer v3.4 r703 but when i run the game with it its still not working. Also widescreen fixer says fix enabled = no.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

I don't remember exactly how the plugin works, but I think you need to manually enable it? by default is the numpad star (*) key. You can configure the key in WSF.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2014, 15:41 

Hi all. I have a quick question. I just downloaded DAO off of steam. I am using 3 monitors and an Eyefinity setup. I downloaded and applied the plugin for this game as stated above. It seems to work great, with one exception. When I "activate" the plugin, the HUD shrinks down to just my middle screen, which is beautiful. Howver, the whole HUD seems to be off center to the right about an inch or so. My map in the top right corner has about 1/3 of it on the right monitor, and all the information on the left is about 1" from the left side of the screen.
Is there anyway for me to modify the position of the whole HUD? Maybe somewhere in the plugin or some .ini file that has a horizontal position for the HUD that can be edited or something?
Thanks! I appreciate any input.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2014, 07:44 

Sungod067 wrote:
Hi all. I have a quick question. I just downloaded DAO off of steam. I am using 3 monitors and an Eyefinity setup. I downloaded and applied the plugin for this game as stated above. It seems to work great, with one exception. When I "activate" the plugin, the HUD shrinks down to just my middle screen, which is beautiful. Howver, the whole HUD seems to be off center to the right about an inch or so. My map in the top right corner has about 1/3 of it on the right monitor, and all the information on the left is about 1" from the left side of the screen.
Is there anyway for me to modify the position of the whole HUD? Maybe somewhere in the plugin or some .ini file that has a horizontal position for the HUD that can be edited or something?
Thanks! I appreciate any input.

Hey Sungod, I had the same thing happen. To fix it, click the gear icon in Widescreen Fixer next to Dragon Age: Origins. Uncheck the auto detect and put your display count (3) and resolution.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2014, 16:35 

Hey, that worked!! Thanks for the info!!

-Sungod

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2014, 19:33 

Every time I press * to enable the fix DA:O crashes to desktop. I am running 1.05 through Origin. I have tried with it set to auto detect my resolution as well as manual, both with the same results.

Anyone else have this issue, or know a fix?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2014, 13:59 

Hi, i have the ultimate edition and the fix dont work, when i enable it, the game crash and return me to desktop....someone have a solution??. i want play this before the inquisition :))

Please helifax can you take a look?? ;) :roll:

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2014, 14:07 
Insiders
Insiders

murilladas wrote:
Hi, i have the ultimate edition and the fix dont work, when i enable it, the game crash and return me to desktop....someone have a solution??. i want play this before the inquisition :))

Hmmm I've recently been using it - and although I don't get the crashes you suggest, the fix is slightly off to the right. I've spoken to Helifax in relation to this but he has been having computer problems (power surge) and the fix wasn't for the Ultimate edition. I'm not totally sure he'll be able to have a look at it. I've actually just been playing on a single screen, as I hate the game's disappearing trees with the extreme fov.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014, 12:10 

Toothless Spoon wrote:
murilladas wrote:

Hmmm I've recently been using it - and although I don't get the crashes you suggest, the fix is slightly off to the right. I've spoken to Helifax in relation to this but he has been having computer problems (power surge) and the fix wasn't for the Ultimate edition. I'm not totally sure he'll be able to have a look at it. I've actually just been playing on a single screen, as I hate the game's disappearing trees with the extreme fov.

I just bought dragon age:origins normal version and have the same problem....the game crash to desktop when fix is enabled :yawn:....please some one can help me??

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2014, 10:57 

Huge thanks for releasing this, man. I am so glad I don't have to break my neck to turn to the left every couple of seconds while in battle. Keep up the great work.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2014, 13:26 
Insiders
Insiders

Just let everyone know:

Apparently the Steam and Origin versions are now different for some reason and the fix will not work on the Origin version.
Only on steam.
Adding support for Origin version is on the to-do list:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]