Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2018, 17:29 
Founder
Founder

Update 11-Dec-2009: Quad Monitor Arm with three 24" Monitors

The original mod of the DS-100 Triple (with the 46" crossbar) and the Neo-Flex HD hung three 22" monitors off a single Neo-Flex HD. The max monitor size on the 46" crossbar is 22". After upgrading to 24" monitors I contacted Ergtron and was able to get a 55" crossbar.

The 55" crossbar will support three 24" monitors (and possibly larger, depending on the exact monitor size). I also used a second Neo-Flex HD that I already had to provide better stability and weight distribution.

I was able to successfully complete the mod, and hang the 55" crossbar on the wall with two Neo-Flex HD mounts. It combination was able to easily support the 24" monitors, offering better performance than the original mod.

Introduction (Original)

This review has been a very long time in the making. I first contacted Ergotron in June of 2006 about getting a monitor arm for review. I was looking for something to mount my 30" panel, a Dell 3007WFP, on the wall, so that I could free up the desk space underneath it. I was looking for something that would provide full range of motion, especially lift. The 30" is a large and heavy piece of equipment, weighing in at over 25 pounds. The only arm that offered full articulation for a monitor of this size is the HD45. Ergotron sent one to me, and I worked to get it installed.

As usual, I over-engineered what I needed. The HD45 is a major piece of equipment which requires special installation. I quickly found out that it simply isn't fit for residential installation. I contacted Ergotron, and they graciously swapped it out for the Neo-Flex HD. That was over a year ago, and I have yet to complete that original review. I liked the Neo-Flex so much that I turned to Ergotron when I started looking into monitor arms for my Surround Gaming setup. Also check out my recent review of the Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition

Ergotron doesn't make a wall-mount arm for three monitors. I searched through their product catalog and found that two different arms could be modded to work together. To make it all work, I bought another Neo-Flex HD Wall Mount Swing Arm, and a DS-100 Triple Monitor Stand.