Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 14:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2013, 16:46 

Greetings fellow widescreen gamers! I wanted to share a little project I've been working on over the holidays. It is something I’ve been thinking about for the past several months but only recently had the time to build.

The concept is pretty simple: build a box that utilizes a half-silvered mirror to create a zero-bezel multi-monitor widescreen effect. I didn’t invent this concept, it was used in several 80’s arcade games such as Darius, Ninja Warriors, and Tecmo Bowl. (I’ve built many MAME cabinets over the years, so this is where I got the idea- small plug for the BYOAC forum.

I acquired a few used LCDs from a local business closing down, so I’ve only been doing the multi-monitor thing since October. In general they are good monitors (HP 2065), but it has been quite tedious to match the color/contrast/brightness due to their age. In any case, the bezels were buggin’ and so this project was born.

Pic

Last edited by Truecade on 15 Jan 2013, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2013, 16:52 
Founder
Founder

I replicated Truecade's original forum post into this article. There is already discussion going on there, so I am going to lock this thread. To be a part of the discussion, please visit http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=25230

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]