Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: LG 29UM67-P Grey Pixels
PostPosted: 17 Nov 2015, 16:13 

Hey,

I have had this monitor for a few months now and when I plug in a DisplayPort cable there are two lines of pixels along the bottom of the screen that are greyed out. It works fine when an HDMI is plugged in. I was looking on a few other forums and it seems to be a prevalent problem. I was wondering if any of you have the monitor with this issue? My RMA request has been approved but if I can solve it without having to ship it out that would be great. Luckily it isn't too big of an issue if I have to send it out since I still have the box and I still use my old monitor as well.

Thanks,

Reid

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016, 11:05 

Hi!
I have the same problem with my monitor: 2 grey lines at the bottom, if Freesync is on. Already happening in the Bios. Built Jan15.

I sent it to LG with a detailed description and in mind, that they probably know about this already...
Well LG Germany sent the 29UM67 back to me, saying everything is fine and it would probably be just a graphics card error or a bad cable.
Obivously i tested it with different state of the art display port cables and a 290X.
After calling them and asking if the technical department knows about this systemic error with 29UM67s built Aug15 and earlier, they wrote me a few days later, that nothing of that sort is known. (LG Germany doesnt have the data of LG US).

So if you could send me a reply of LG stating that this error is systematic / in many monitors before aug15, that would be very much appreciated :-)

Thank You Very Much!

Alex