Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2016, 05:41 
Hello everyone,

I build myself a HTPC a few months ago and I am having various problems with it. First of my configuration:

CPU: i3 4160
MB: AsRock H97M-ITX/ac
GPU: Inno3d GTX750ti
PSU: Enermax Triathlor Eco 350W
SSD: Crucial MX 250GB
HD: WD Green 4TB
CPU Cooler: Deepcool Gamaxx 300
Case: Raijintek Metis

The HTPC is connected via HDMI to a Marantz AV receiver.

Things that happen which began to drive me mad:

1.) After playing games for a while a crackling sound comes up and the screens turns black. After a few seconds the screen comes back. Playing 3d intensive games (Rage, Dirt Rally) makes this happen faster as not so intensive games (Binding of Isaac)
2.) As input device I am using a bluetooth keyboard with integrated touchpad. From time to time it is working on its own (mouse cursor jumping around etc).
3.) The HD does not get recognized and I have to reboot the PC to make it show up.
4.) Front USB Headers dont have a stable connection. If I put a external USB HD it always re-established the connection.
5.) I am using the onboard Wifi chip. I only can use the 5ghz connection. I can connect to the 2.4ghz band but with no traffic.

What do you guys think? Would it make sense to test each device or is the mainboard causing all these problems?

Looking forward to your replies!