Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2016, 06:20 
I Donated
I Donated

Hey, thought maybe some of you guys would dig this.

Running 2x MSI Gaming X GTX 1080's in SLI (in OC Mode). Asus X99-Deluxe mobo, PCIe 16x speed.

3x Asus Rog Swift monitors at 7680x1440 total resolution. G-Sync disabled due to flickering.

Overall the experience is very good, and the games I've tried are all totally playable at over 60fps average. Did not notice any stuttering.

http://cybereality.com/images/Bench_DOOM.jpg

http://cybereality.com/images/Bench_GTAV.jpg

http://cybereality.com/images/Bench_TombRaider.jpg

I was running GTX 980's in Tri-SLI previously. This setup seems better but maybe not by a huge margin. However, it does certainly help with the games that don't support SLI well.

Probably spent too much money on the cards (feeding the scalpers), but I'm having fun with it so I guess that makes it worth it.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2016, 06:29 

Thanks for the info cybereality. Just curious, are you running the HB bridge or the bridge that came with the motherboard?

-b0n3z

ASUS Maximus XII Gene MB | i7 4790k CPU with Corsair Hydro Series H80i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB | (2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Founders Edition in HB SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | Corsair Digital AX760i PSU | (3) Asus PG279Q (1) Asus PG278Q mounted on WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2 with Thru Desk Mount (3+1 Landscape Surround) | HTC Vive | Grace Design m9XX Headphone Amp/DAC | AudioEngine A5+ Bamboo | Ultimate Ears CIEM UE-5 Pro | ErgoDox Infinity Keyboard (Cherry Red) with Custom Keycaps | Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mouse | Win10 Enterprise x64

Current Setup

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2016, 23:38 

Thanks for this, the results look good!

Did you find any games just refused to work ? I've just bought a similar setup to yours 2x1080s 3x1440p but when I try to run Skyrim (new and old) I get an FPS of 7(!) and then crashes on load. However when set to just 1x1440p old Skyrim runs fine (new one still hates it)

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 01:40 

AlexM wrote:
Thanks for this, the results look good!

Did you find any games just refused to work ? I've just bought a similar setup to yours 2x1080s 3x1440p but when I try to run Skyrim (new and old) I get an FPS of 7(!) and then crashes on load. However when set to just 1x1440p old Skyrim runs fine (new one still hates it)

This might help AlexM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGVctinfzpw :onethumb:

ASUS Maximus XII Gene MB | i7 4790k CPU with Corsair Hydro Series H80i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB | (2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Founders Edition in HB SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | Corsair Digital AX760i PSU | (3) Asus PG279Q (1) Asus PG278Q mounted on WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2 with Thru Desk Mount (3+1 Landscape Surround) | HTC Vive | Grace Design m9XX Headphone Amp/DAC | AudioEngine A5+ Bamboo | Ultimate Ears CIEM UE-5 Pro | ErgoDox Infinity Keyboard (Cherry Red) with Custom Keycaps | Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mouse | Win10 Enterprise x64

Current Setup

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 13:16 

That happened to me so i set fullscreen to 1 and borderlesss to 0 and that worked for me.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016, 08:21 
I Donated
I Donated

I am using the HB bridge. It's supposed to be of help for high resolutions, but it's hard to say how much it actually does.

As usual, not every game will work fully w/ triple screen. When the game works, it's great, though you do need a beefy rig. Some games have issues (like in the UI), and some don't work at all.

Always good to check the database here to see if there are tweaks or patches for the games to fix multi-mon support.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2016, 15:45 

I drool over the thought of Doom at 7680 x 1440 @ over 70 fps. Nice setup

- BFREE