Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 12:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 11:37 

Best monitor/s to get for PC gaming?

Hey all, I’ve read though a few forum subjects now and not really found what I’m looking for. I’d like some advise on what would be the best monitor/s to get for gaming. Price isn’t an issue.

I currently run 3 x 24inch IPS panels so playing in 5700 x 1200 resolution. I’ve had them a few years now and love the surround view experience. Down side to them is a large bezel, I’d prefer some thing with a smaller bezel but wonder about quality now? I’ve read a lot of positives and negatives here on the forums about frame rates versus resolution and to be honest I’ve no idea what would suit me best!
So firstly, not sure I want to go much bigger, than say 27 inch, or even if I want a single wide screen monitor with 3440x1440 resolution or if I want to stick to 3 single monitors. I play a variety of different games although no multi player online.

So what would provide me the very best gaming experience regardless of cost? Currently running 1 Titan X gpu but happy to get a 2nd installed if needed with running 3x4k monitors. I also think it could be quite a nice set up if I were to run 3 curved monitors in 5700x1200 but again no bigger than 27 inch due to my desk only being 2m length! So essentially looking for advice on the ultimate set up please?

added images of set up and space available below

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 12:15 
Editors
Editors

Hi, if you're using Nvidia I would recommend a Monitor using G-sync and 144hz.
Even two Titan X cannot handle 3x 4K Monitors with 60FPS, so 2560x1440 is the maximum I recommend for triple Monitor at the moment.

If you want to use a Single 21:9 Monitor.... Well that's your choice. But I myself can't seem to turn away from triplewide. Not even for a huge 21:9 monitor.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2015, 15:30 

Haldi wrote:
Hi, if you're using Nvidia I would recommend a Monitor using G-sync and 144hz.
Even two Titan X cannot handle 3x 4K Monitors with 60FPS, so 2560x1440 is the maximum I recommend for triple Monitor at the moment.

If you want to use a Single 21:9 Monitor.... Well that's your choice. But I myself can't seem to turn away from triplewide. Not even for a huge 21:9 monitor.

Thanks Haldi, cant see myself moving away from the 3 screens either! So if I stay with 3 screens and NOT 4k, what would be the best to get at say 27inch?

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2016, 13:06 

Hi, I've just got 3x 27inch Monitors and it's great but way to long if you're sitting to close =( Am now looking at getting either 21 or 24 Thin Bizz !