Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: In need of 4th monitor
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 18:03 

Afternoon all! I'll keep it short and sweet, also apologies if this is in the wrong bit of the forum:

Currently got a pair of AMD Radeon R9 290x running in Eyefinity with x3 AOC I2369VM 23" widescreen IPS panels resulting in a resolution of 5938x1080 [bezel comp included] and it's the mutts nuts, incredible for racing sim and titles like Battlefield 4 on near ultra settings maintaining a steady 60fps.

BUT I'm always hungry for more and want a 4th monitor.

The current setup is one monitor via HDMI, one monitor via DVI-D dual, and one via DisplayPort to HDMI, leaving one spare DVI-D dual.

I have my old AOC N20W which has VGA connectivity and nothing else which I want to use as an extended display in addition to my Eyefinity group for stuff like task manager, Battlescreen for BF4, racing sim HUD etc.

I haven't gone out and purchased any adapters or anything of the like in case they end up being a waste of money, so please:

Help! :)

:triplewide:

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2015, 17:53 

Bump?

Received a http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MCGMHW4/r ... 71_TE_item today, plugged it into the one remaining DVI D port, monitor turns on, Windows recognizes it.

Problem is I get a "This operation is not supported based on current display configuration. For more details, please see Help" when I try to extend my desktop to it.

Any ideas?