Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 02:20 

Hey guys this is my first venture into triple screen gaming and I aquired 3 asus vw246h monitors with manufacture dates of 2009 2011 2013. I only have 2 hooked up right now until I get the funds for another gtx 970. One is plugged into hdmi and the other is plugged into DVI-d and the colors are pretty off I tried messing with all the setting and I have them close but still not perfect. So I have been looking into getting a spider4 elite is this the only way to get them better ?

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 13:47 

Remember to set the HDMI monitor to full color range in the nvidia control panel
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... or-format/

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2015, 00:46 

I have 3x dell 24" monitors (all same part#) bought over 8-9 years.

The "factory default" color/temperature settings on the 3 don't match (not even close). I had to go in and manually set all 3 to the same RGB values in the on-screen menus and that did the trick. They are on 2 DVI ports and a DisplayPort with a DVI adapter.

I didn't know about the HDMI color limiting issue though. I have my +1 on an HDMI port with a DVI adapter. I'll look at the settings when I get home tonight. I had noticed that the black/white were not as good on the Acer and just figured it was because it's a cheaper monitor I got free... I'll be psyched if I can make it look better.

EDIT: Yep. It was restricted to the limited pallet. Now it's working full color range. Thanks!