Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2013, 08:02 

Hello everyone,

First of, im not sure if this is the right forum (if not feel free to move it) second im new here, long time lurker tho.

A few days back the dell u2913wm caught my attention, its a pretty looking screen from what i can see from the movies on youtube. Now i know some people on this forum have one, and i was wondering (since the original thread is a now a few months old) what the experience was of people with this screen (in general but most important gaming wise).

In some movies i have seen that some current games support the resolution 2560x1080, but not all. Has this changed a bit already or is it still a mixed bag?

Im especially curious about games like starcraft 2, and maybe deus ex, because i havent seen those in the movies yet.

(excuse my english, its not my native language)

Thanks for looking.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 18:26 

I have the same exact question.

What I'm looking for:

- How does it handle SC2 where I believe Blizzard explicitly limited the max aspect to 16:9 for competitive reasons.
- How does it handle games in general that don't behave well past 16:9. With my current 3xL setup, I just end up using the middle monitor. With a 21:9 monitor will I have to set it to a 16:9 resolution (1920x1080) then tell the graphics drivers to letterbox it?

Thanks!

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2013, 16:03 
Founder
Founder

Check out my YouTube video if you haven't seen it. Anything that is Gold or Silver cert for multi-mon should do really well. AussieTimmeh has figured out how to run a custom 21:9 res on his NV Surround and has been updating as many DRs as he can. I'm doing the same as I get time. We should have the 21:9 grading out soon.