Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 08:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2012, 10:10 

Hi all,
this ia my first post and I would like to show you my scratch build 27' monitor stand.
I wanted a wall mounted monitor stand in order to free my desk from all the cables and clutter but I also wanted to create a stand with pivot and tilt capabilities
I started with the central axis, a 5cm square beam and I have created in autocad the arms with which I secured the axis on 2 metalic guides for DUI shelves.
As you cand see the central axis has 2 horizontal cuts at each end 1cm in wdth and in the middle there are 2 1cm holes. In these I astened 3 steel plates 20χ10cm with M10 screws. On the plates I attacjed these stands which I bought from ebay:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370545971735&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:3160
The central axis and the arms were created in a plasma CNC.
Total cost metals+cuts+ various tibits 75 euros and the three stands 45 euros
The finished result:
While the stand is finished, there is still work with the cables and the rest of the shelves.
Also the monitors are in this angle because I work and sit in a semireclined position. The monitor stands after tightening wont move a mm.