Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 17:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 01:41 

I have ordered a brand new Ivy bridge computer with two gtx 680s. I want to buy three monitors or Projection but have not the slighest idea of what to get. I am looking to this forum for some help since you guys have some experience. I plan to buy the WSGF stand.

I want the baddest ass setup available, I dont know if that is triple monitor or projection. If I need more video cars to run a better monitor setup I will gladly add another two gtx 680s if I need it.

I don't play racing game, this will be for first person shooter mainly. I am actually building this rig for a new game getting ready to come out soon called Planetside 2, and I want the most immersive unreal experience possible

Please any help is appreciated, I have not had the chance to ever seen a good triple monitor setup in person or projection other than on youtube

thanks.

PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 16:18 
Editors
Editors

Projector or Monitor... Jep, thats a hard question!

i myslef don't want an Projector! it's gotta be freakin awesome to play Skyrim or Need for Speed (or Dirt...) on a 3 (or 2) Projector Setup on a huge wall! But for surfing the web... no way! Absolutly unaxceptable! Same goes for FPS. don't realy wan't to play them on a beamer (yes, i've tried!)
But that is yours to decide!

Absolutly Hardcore would be 4k Beamer. but that's a Dream! 1st you need 2x HDMI connection per projector! GPU only has 1 HDMI out. mini DP-_>2HDMI connection from Zotac doesn't work i suppose... 2nd 3x 4k = 12k wide... only works with DX11 cuz dx10 games have 8k with limit! 3rd. even 4 GTX680 will get Problems in 12k*2k resolution ^^

So if you go with normal Monitors, take 27"! 23.3" is to small. And IMHO 16:10 is better for Tripple Monitor! You already have a way bigger FoV than on a single 16:9 but you will miss every milimeter in the hight.

PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 18:34 

Any suggestions on which 27in monitors to go with?

PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 19:56 

What would you say is the best 27in monitor to get than?

PostPosted: 10 May 2012, 12:51 

if you want to go all out why not get 3x HP ZR30W. that will give you a total resolution of 7680x1600

i used to play on a 1920x1200 resolution and now that i made the step towards a 2560x1600 monitor i regret that i didnt do this earlier.

imo order the HP ZR30W and decide what you think of it.. if you dont like it send it back and if you do then order 2 more?!

thats atleast what im going to do (order 2 more)

SantaCruz

PostPosted: 14 May 2012, 10:00 

Hi Murk00

have a look at my user review im running 3 x 30" hazro monitors.

http://www.wsgf.org/forum/forums/hardware-software-support/user-reviews/21544/ergotech-apex-triple-monitor-mount