Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 13:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: 20 May 2013, 23:17 
Founder
Founder

adrelion wrote:
Thank you.

If there is less flexing with the 5 segment bar should I assume that the telescoping wings allows you to close the gaps a bit better between each monitor due to the sliding bracket? Or would I not have any gaps if I got the 5 segment bar instead as I can get the pivot arms to adjust to the right height and distance of each other on the bar?

Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it.

The pivots are fully adjustable on the arm. The telescoping arm makes no difference in in the ability to reduce gaps between monitors. Check out this review of the basic HD Triple. Bit on the pivots starts at about 45 seconds.

and this video showing more details on the development of the WSGF Edition.

PostPosted: 21 May 2013, 00:04 
Insiders
Insiders

rgrwng wrote:
Sorry for the large picture size, but the stand is great! when i received my shipment, i was missing an extra pivot joint, and the 5-segment bar. Ergotech worked with me to fulfill the rest of my order with no extra costs. i was up and running about 3 weeks ago, but wanted to make sure everything looked right before getting to know how it felt during usage.

(Mod Edit).....

I have not found many games that look great on this custom/large resolution, but right now i am awaiting Diablo 3, and playing lots of Saints Row:The Third. Valve games i tried so far was Left 4 Dead 2, and MW3 MP doesn't like the large resolution, even with the widescreen fix (too zoomed in, can't see HUD elements and is extremely blurry :( )

Whoa there, you've got your stand and 5x1P sitting on a glass desk? That's pretty much whats been keeping me from going that route. I've got the money to buy a WSGF stand but am afraid to put it on my lovely desk out of fear. So, what's up with this? :) Is it working well?

PostPosted: 21 May 2013, 00:06 

Thank you very much for the video links and information. Pretty sold on just getting the WSGF edition stand with the segment bar now so I don't have to worry about future proofing. Now to gather some funds since I'm gonna be a little poor after the monitors lol.

PostPosted: 21 May 2013, 00:10 
Founder
Founder

adrelion wrote:
Thank you very much for the video links and information. Pretty sold on just getting the WSGF edition stand with the segment bar now so I don't have to worry about future proofing. Now to gather some funds since I'm gonna be a little poor after the monitors lol.

My whole goal with designing the WSGF Edition was to make it future proof.

PostPosted: 29 May 2013, 15:36 
Founder
Founder

skipclarke wrote:
This user purchased a WSGF Edition for 3x 30" panels. I offered to refund his purchase if the stand didn't work. I never got a refund request, so I'm assuming it worked.

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 92#p138492

Someone else ordered one for 3x 30" U3011 panels. The weight and size were too much. The newer and lighter U3014 might work, but I can't be sure. But, I can say that the stand won't work for 3x U3011

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2013, 07:17 

Hey guys,

New to the forum but long time lurker. About to invest in one of these bad boys but had to ask a quick question: Will the WSFG monitor stand fit 3x27" across and a single 27" on top? Also is weight an issue?

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2013, 14:22 
Founder
Founder

the_anh wrote:
Hey guys,

New to the forum but long time lurker. About to invest in one of these bad boys but had to ask a quick question: Will the WSFG monitor stand fit 3x27" across and a single 27" on top? Also is weight an issue?

The WSGF Edition is designed for 1+3 on 27" panels. Please see the product page for the specs regarding size and weight. It shouldn't be an issue, but you need to compare your monitor details to the stand specs.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2013, 21:21 

Hello All,

I am new to the WSGF Forums but do have a question regarding the WSGF Stand.... I recently purchased one and I want to use it in the 1+3 option ... I have 4 24" Asus PA248Q monitors. The weight of each monitor is approximately 22 lbs. and the height is close to 17 inch.

I was wondering if the stand will be able to handle the total weight since its over the 85 lbs.? Also, will the height affect it in any way ?

Thanks

Max

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2013, 13:11 
Founder
Founder

You should be good. Each pivot is rated at 25 pounds. We went conservative on the bar weight, figuring 60 pound total (but with five monitors). That meant that each "end" of the bar had 24 pounds on it. I don't think height will be an issue either.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2013, 06:05 

Thanks Skipclarke for the quick response...

Now I can't wait to receive it and set it up all the monitors on it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next