Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
Last visit was: less than a minute ago It is currently 25 Sep 2020, 04:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]




 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 18 May 2013, 01:03 
Offline
Founder
Founder
User avatar

Joined: 13 Oct 2003, 05:00
Posts: 7360
Dforce wrote:
skipclarke wrote:
Dforce wrote:
Just checking if WSGF is still active in shipping the Ergotech stands? I am looking for the Heavy Duty Quad. Also curious about how much time it will cost to get the item.
Living in Holland. Going for a setup with 3x Asus VG248QE https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projector ... s/VG248QE/
and 1x Dell U2412M http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... u=320-2676

Yes, we are still shipping. The HD Quad comes direct from Ergotech. I don't stock that product. I only stock the WSGF Edition and HD Triple XL. Unit will ship US Postal Global Priority. Lead time on anything shipping from Ergotech is about a week.

Ah thats good news. Is it possible to get the extra telescoping wings with the HD Quad?

I can. Those would be a $40-$50 add-on, and I'd need to get a custom quote. This would probably increase the ship time as well.

In the end you'd be $20-$30 of the price of the WSGF Edition. I much prefer the solid 5-segment bar to the telescoping wings. The solid bar is much sturdier. And, I can ship in 1-2 days, rather than 1-2 weeks.

We can setup anything you want, but I think you'd be happier with the WSGF Edition.


Top
  
 


PostPosted: 18 May 2013, 06:20 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 17 May 2013, 17:36
Posts: 10
skipclarke wrote:
skipclarke wrote:
Dforce wrote:
Just checking if WSGF is still active in shipping the Ergotech stands? I am looking for the Heavy Duty Quad. Also curious about how much time it will cost to get the item.
Living in Holland. Going for a setup with 3x Asus VG248QE https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projector ... s/VG248QE/
and 1x Dell U2412M http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... u=320-2676

I can. Those would be a $40-$50 add-on, and I'd need to get a custom quote. This would probably increase the ship time as well.

In the end you'd be $20-$30 of the price of the WSGF Edition. I much prefer the solid 5-segment bar to the telescoping wings. The solid bar is much sturdier. And, I can ship in 1-2 days, rather than 1-2 weeks.

We can setup anything you want, but I think you'd be happier with the WSGF Edition./quote]

Thx for the advice. But I thought that it was not possible with the WSGF edition to get the 1 over 3. But I see now that the WSGF edition also comes with the tall pole.
So if I can run all the 4 screens in landscape with 1 screen over the other 3. Then I am a happy man and will order the WSGF edition.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 20 May 2013, 03:57 
Offline

Joined: 20 May 2013, 03:25
Posts: 4
Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to just buy the 5 segment bar or the telescoping wings by themselves?

Basically I only need a stand for three 25" monitors right now, but want to know if I can upgrade or downgrade the monitor bars for whatever monitor stand model I choose for future possible endeavors.

Thanks in advance.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 20 May 2013, 07:40 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 17 May 2013, 17:36
Posts: 10
I have placed a order for the WSGF edition. Will I get a track number ones it's shipped? (shipping overseas)


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 20 May 2013, 07:42 
Offline
Founder
Founder
User avatar

Joined: 13 Oct 2003, 05:00
Posts: 7360
Dforce wrote:
I have placed a order for the WSGF edition. Will I get a track number ones it's shipped? (shipping overseas)

Yes. All orders receive shipping info and updates once they ship. Your order will ship on the 20th and you will receive an update once postage has printed. I don't print postage well in advance because it gives the impression that orders have shipped, when they actually haven't.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 20 May 2013, 07:46 
Offline
Founder
Founder
User avatar

Joined: 13 Oct 2003, 05:00
Posts: 7360
adrelion wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to just buy the 5 segment bar or the telescoping wings by themselves?

Basically I only need a stand for three 25" monitors right now, but want to know if I can upgrade or downgrade the monitor bars for whatever monitor stand model I choose for future possible endeavors.

Thanks in advance.


You can buy the telescoping wings. It would be a custom order. However, the standard HD Triple is only rated to 24" panels. You would need the telescoping wings at the start. Or, you could buy one of the stands with the 5-segment bars.

We are working to get spare 5-segment bars in stock again. We offered a series of upgrade kits that features these parts. In the first year, we sold two. I ended up pulling them out of the store due to lack of interest and change in my stocking plan. Ergotech offered me 10 spare bars they had earlier this year. I took those and we sold out within three months.

I am working to get more bars in stock now. But based on the lead time I may end up pulling bars from existing kits to meet demand. So, it is possible, but stock on spare bars can be spotty.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 20 May 2013, 07:50 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 21:34
Posts: 567
Still have that one you gave me a while back. Using it still with my PLP setup, then got some other mounts for the 21:9 Dell just above it to swivel it out. Not exactly the XL stand, but close enough to it.

_________________
Professional... well I'll figure that out.



"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 20 May 2013, 11:53 
Offline

Joined: 20 May 2013, 03:25
Posts: 4
skipclarke wrote:
adrelion wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to just buy the 5 segment bar or the telescoping wings by themselves?

Basically I only need a stand for three 25" monitors right now, but want to know if I can upgrade or downgrade the monitor bars for whatever monitor stand model I choose for future possible endeavors.

Thanks in advance.


You can buy the telescoping wings. It would be a custom order. However, the standard HD Triple is only rated to 24" panels. You would need the telescoping wings at the start. Or, you could buy one of the stands with the 5-segment bars.

We are working to get spare 5-segment bars in stock again. We offered a series of upgrade kits that features these parts. In the first year, we sold two. I ended up pulling them out of the store due to lack of interest and change in my stocking plan. Ergotech offered me 10 spare bars they had earlier this year. I took those and we sold out within three months.

I am working to get more bars in stock now. But based on the lead time I may end up pulling bars from existing kits to meet demand. So, it is possible, but stock on spare bars can be spotty.


How much would the 5 segment bar or the telescoping wings cost as custom orders?

Also is there any real different between the 5 segment bar and the telescoping wings aside from the 5 vertical screens on the segment?

I mean I've seen how the set up is based on the review on youtube from this forum on the normal 3 monitor stand for ergotech which led me to this forum. So new here to the forums, but haven't really seen a video about the 5 segment bar just so I get a better idea of user customization. Or how the stand can be set up I guess in better terms.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 20 May 2013, 14:35 
Offline
Founder
Founder
User avatar

Joined: 13 Oct 2003, 05:00
Posts: 7360
adrelion wrote:
How much would the 5 segment bar or the telescoping wings cost as custom orders?

Also is there any real different between the 5 segment bar and the telescoping wings aside from the 5 vertical screens on the segment?

I mean I've seen how the set up is based on the review on youtube from this forum on the normal 3 monitor stand for ergotech which led me to this forum. So new here to the forums, but haven't really seen a video about the 5 segment bar just so I get a better idea of user customization. Or how the stand can be set up I guess in better terms.

The 5-segment bar is made up of solid bar stock. The telescoping wings use a sliding bracket. The 5-segment bar is much stiffer and has less flexing.

The five segment bar also curves closer to the monitors. The "elbows" stick out less. It also supports monitors up to 27".

If you're going with 25" panels, you will need the telescoping wings to start with. You can order a monitor with those. I'll double check the pricing, but IIRC it adds $40 - $50 to the base HD Triple stand. So, you're looking at $299. This is $50 lower than the HD Triple XL, again IIRC.

The price on my custom 5-segment bars has gone up and I will need to re-figure pricing. We are probably looking at $125.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: 20 May 2013, 18:38 
Offline

Joined: 20 May 2013, 03:25
Posts: 4
Thank you.

If there is less flexing with the 5 segment bar should I assume that the telescoping wings allows you to close the gaps a bit better between each monitor due to the sliding bracket? Or would I not have any gaps if I got the 5 segment bar instead as I can get the pivot arms to adjust to the right height and distance of each other on the bar?

Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it.


Top
  
 
 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group