Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2011, 14:41 

nice thanks for the tip i stripped my monitors yesterday and this is the result now when watching a movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezSCr9KqxgY

Post subject: wow very nice.
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2011, 08:11 
Insiders
Insiders

wow very nice.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012, 11:08 

I'm looking at this image from an LCD projector build-log and contemplating Eyefinity. Once rectified and scaled, Photoshop tells me that this 17" stripped laptop monitor appears to have internal bezels of 0.19" on the right, 0.10" on the top, 0.11" on the left, and 0.21" on the bottom of the screen. This represents a third of an inch black gap from one screen to the next. It's about an equivalent gap to holding a Bic pen between the adjacent pixels. The steel casing that supports the actual panel is intact, one only needs to exercise common sense in not bending/cracking the thin panel and be careful with the thin ribbon cables, which are nearly impossible to fix. The other boards need to be supported as well.

But this is a hobby that has extreme case-modders hanging around welding automotive radiators to their WW2-era ammo boxes. Surely we can replace a piece of injection-molded plastic.

As far as I can tell, a third of an inch combined is far better than any retail consumer monitor, but not quite a match for "seamless" professional-level multi-panel monitors, which run about 10x the cost for an equivalent product.

Independant resale value and warranty coverage are probably not going to survive this step (assuming that the panel itself does), but there's gotta be some people who would pay a mint for a 3-panel frame - if you succeed, you'll be able to unload it.

So is LCD stripping going to come into vogue?

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2012, 14:53 

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2012, 14:57 

I've debezelled 6 dell 17'' monitors.

How do you avoid getting an electric shock when plugging them in and turning them on?

I haven't tried yet but..... do I need shock proof tape to tape the green chip panel and the rubber keypad or do I try and ouch the tape on just the rubber part?

The dells im using are prety identical to those on page three of this thread either the 1707fp or 1708fp's .

When debezelled a strip of rubber with the buttons falls out the case the same size as the green strip of buttons. If I was to actually press the metal on the green chip when power lead is plugged in and on at the wall would I effetcively electricute myself?

cheers

Post subject: bump
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2012, 14:57 

bump

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2012, 23:48 

Just some input for GL2450 users

I debezzeled my 3x
Monitor Model: BenQ GL2450
Monitor Id: BNQ78A5

All of them had floating box, not attached to screen 1 monitor had different model of floating box and stand. Taped it to screen with tape recommended from hardware store.
Also the vesa mounts is on the outer plastic bezel so by removing bezel the mounts is removed. Read that some users drilled (with crossed fingers hoping not to damage anything) holes in floating box with success

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2013, 05:02 

Gunja wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2LRhE1ACsQ video

This video contains content from UMPG Publishing, Sony ATV Publishing and EMI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Your video must of has music in it :(

PostPosted: 29 May 2013, 19:00 

Now it has some youtube offered melody and it should work fine world wide.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2013, 15:17 

Warning for LG E2351 users.

I de-bezzled mine this morning easily enough (took 15 minutes for all three) however if you debezzel this monitor you will lose your VESA mounts. Luckily I'm using a cobbled together stand so I don't need them yet but just a warning if you are planning to do this and have a monitor stand. You will also lose the ability to use the stand that came with the monitor as this is screwed into a mounting on the plastic case, not the monitor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next