Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2008, 18:40 

P-Storm is difficult to find in the market here a sample of this products =/
Probably i'll buy from e-store

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 15:39 

I've had the Klipsches for well over 5 years and they sound great from games to music.At around $100 I think there a great buy.
Just listen to them,and compare.The only thing with them is I barely have to turn them up at all.One thing about Klipsch speakers is there very efficient.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 22:59 

Monte,

I own Logitech X-240's, X-620's, Z-2300's, and Z-5300e's. My friend owns the Z4, and strictly between the Logitech products I'd recommend the 2300's over the Z4 but in consideration of your apartment space the Z4s are just as loud and don't take up so much room. The tweeters take up more vertical space than the 2300's which are wider, and the sub is smaller on the Z4 too so you'll save space that way.

Second, although I own 2300's it was purely because i got them for cheap (I already had 5300e's). You can listen to Logitech going on and on about THX certification and all that but in a small room the definition is going to be close if not negligible between two subwoofers like those two. However, the wattage is definitely much better on the 2300's so if you like electronica (high 5) those would be a better choice especially if pricing is close between the models.

The only other thing you proabbly have to consider between the Z4 and Z-2300 is price. I live in Canada and here the 2300's retail for $220 but when they're on sale it's $120 (for some reason, it's just like that). The Z-4's NEVER go on sale here and are normally about $90-110. I'm not sure about where you live but that's the pricing here. If you can get them for a good price, the 2300's would be the better buy. Hope that helps!

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 23:02 

By the way just to play devil's advocate, I like to use my big subwoofers for footrests :P

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2008, 22:41 

I will give Logitech kudos in one respect rergarding their 5.1 sets. Some of them decode the Dolby Digital 5.1 signal your sound card encodes. That means not having to do a pass through to a receiver to get the 5.1 audio movies have built in.

I happen to have felt at the time I made the decision that two-way satellites, ample wattage to the sub, tight bass, and digital vs analog volume controls were something I didn't want to give up were I to go with the Z5500s vs the Gigaworks 5.1 (original 560 watt) I went with though, and I still feel that way.

I have seen some pretty killer deals on receivers in the $120 to $150 range recently and may spring for one soon.