Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Notebook or desktop
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007, 18:04 

I can understand this situation - I had to do the same decision last autumn. I took a desktop - similar notebooks are too expensive. I got my desktop (see signature) for just 829 EUR (about 1085 USD), and it works really great. Take a desktop - it´s safer for the future.

Best wishes,
Holzstock

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007, 19:46 

Do like i did, skip voice chats during nights and get a kick ass headset along with that desktop! (although i also have a laptop provided from my school :P)

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007, 20:19 

Ill probably do that. Just get a good desktop and skip the voicechats at night.

Then on weekends when i stay/want to stay up late i will just haul it downstairs since all i will have to move is a monitor case keyboard and mouse.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007, 21:00 

Nah... just leave it where it is and keep a bit quiet when it's late. Just going downstairs might not be enough to not disturb sleeping parents you know...

Besides, you can do other stuff than just play with a computer. Like uhm... uhm... sleep.

Another possibility would be to permanently keep it downstairs, but of course, you might run into some trouble at daytime. You lose your privacy over it though (and it's nasty to have people watching over your shoulders, even if you're doing nothing 'wrong').

In any event though - desktop.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007, 22:40 

Then on weekends when i stay/want to stay up late i will just haul it downstairs since all i will have to move is a monitor case keyboard and mouse.
Totally the right choise mate, i wish you good luck ^^

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007, 23:03 

Defiantly the way to go.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007, 23:50 

Nah... just leave it where it is and keep a bit quiet when it's late. Just going downstairs might not be enough to not disturb sleeping parents you know...

Besides, you can do other stuff than just play with a computer. Like uhm... uhm... sleep.

Another possibility would be to permanently keep it downstairs, but of course, you might run into some trouble at daytime. You lose your privacy over it though (and it's nasty to have people watching over your shoulders, even if you're doing nothing 'wrong').

In any event though - desktop.

Yeah except the main tv would be downstairs.

Keep in mind i can talk really loud in our basement and my parents cant hear me even through vents. Also our basement is somewhat insulated

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007, 02:35 

Can you plug the vents in the Basement while your down there? Get some sort of foam or something to muffle any noise.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2007, 03:27 

I never shut the vents.... Im saying they cant hear me from upstairs if im talking loudly in the basement

Its a matter of my room which is where the pc will be shares a wall with the master bathroom which is connected to their room.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007, 20:47 

Another thing that is making me reconsider the lappy is the fact that i do most of my gaming at night since i do homework before dinner so i would miss out on most of them

For those of you who say i should get two pcs could you pick out specs for both a desky and lappy for around 2000 maybe 2250 if it helps

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next