Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 15:39 

I would like to pair my S23A700D with another two monitors. The problem is my monitor is no longer avaliable to buy anywhere since its been discontinued. Now I'm looking to either pair it with the ASUS monitor VX239H-W, 23 or the BenQ GL2460HM 24. I'm eyeing this two monitors because I can get the for 150 euros which cost's me less than my current monitor did.

Anyway are those two monitors a good choice? Can anything recommend me anything better? I've read something about input polarity or something and how the monitors must match. Whats that about?

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2016, 14:58 

You're probably thinking of sync polarity. There's a long, technical explanation but basically unless the sync polarity is the same 3D Surround will not work at all and 2D surround may be janky. This is typically not an issue with starting from scratch, but can bite hard where - as you're proposing to do - you start with one screen then add different ones later. I can't comment for either of the two specified screens, but you're probably going to be safest by selling your current screen for whatever you can get and grabbing three of the same.

As someone who once ran multiple hand-me-down and refurb screens in my poor student days, I'd also say that having the same bezels adds immensely to the immersion factor of surround setups, and running identical screens is worth it for that alone.