Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2016, 15:54 

I have come over to the dark side and it's warmer than I thought it would be. After many years of using AMD I have purchased and installed a GTX1080. I am liking the surround drivers much better. The one little feature that I like immensely is the way the drivers auto detects 1920 x 1200 games and disables the two outside monitors. Also it isolates my 4th top monitor so now my mouse pointer never wanders off the game screen like it used too. It may not seem like much but it can be very annoying.

Thinking about lots of video cards over the years I've used. DIY system builder since the late 80's. I never owned a store bought PC. Diamond (when they made chip sets). Matrox, Millennium, Nvidia, AMD and now back to Nvidia. I am sure there are a few more that I just don't recall.

Just felt like sharing, happy gaming and Cheers.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2016, 18:35 
I Donated
I Donated

Awesome! I'm an Nvidia guy myself, and I'm digging the GTX 1080.

To be honest, I am having some minor driver issues (mostly because I'm trying too much funky stuff at once) but I can work with it.

Have fun.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2016, 15:13 

Currently on SLi 680s and planning to move to SLi 1080s in the near future (once the damn cards actually become available). Very disappointed that there's no competition for the top-end this time round, and also very disappointed that HBM2 didn't make it into consumer cards for this gen. In general, also quite disappointed with nVidia drivers recently - SLi support seems slim to non-existent, and a lot of the more recent driver packages have given me TDR errors at 2D desktop.