Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 May 2016, 05:56 

I have a new intel setup as I left my AMD set. I have 5760x1080 resolution but have no clue to what I did prior to two reformat's on my AMD to get the right aspect ratio. I even have a post on here that shows me finding some other solution somewhere else after trying the normal option in GRID, resulting in the same default ratio.

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=27786

The was before the first format as of belowe.

My first setup rez

http://i.imgur.com/bNVCqhz.png

And what I'm stuck at. on 5760x1080.

http://i.imgur.com/1AksHke.png

I am just stuck at this point. All I can remember is that either I changed something in the true or false line. And maybe I put somewhere in restrictions a ratio, but I don't remember. I can play at 5:3 but the ratio is just two wide and the letters stretch. If I set it to normal. I can barley see the enter button on intro.

Any got a tips?

PostPosted: 26 May 2016, 19:00 

Just bought the steam version. I didn't have to edit the workermap files. But had to still delete the data line to get higher rez. But that just crashes the game, having to reinstall. So now I had two copies of the game but neither will run the correct aspect ratio nor resolution for GRID. But my last AMD setup, ran this game like a champ on that rez and ratio....

PostPosted: 27 May 2016, 05:08 
Insiders
Insiders

Grid 2008 right?
If so, try SoftTH. Worth a shot, has strong potential to fix your issue, in this particular game. Plus I'm curious how you fair, let me know.

Manual Spread Method:
Unconfirmed, but logical. ~95% chance. Consistent engine & game. (ie one or both methods will work)

Fullscreen: 1. SoftTH (fullscreen, DX9 86): put both files (config.SoftTHConfig & d3d9.dll) in <path-to-game-exe>. 2. In-game, select massive resolution (likely), play game. 3. But If you can't select resolution, quit game & do Failsafe Procedure *.

OR Borderless: 1. In-game, save-point (play or change settings). Close. Edit XML (location **): fullscreen="false". 2. Start game (it's windowed). Borderless Gaming utility (BG fullscreen setup). Quit game & BG. 3. Start BG, start game (auto-triggers full borderless). 4. But if looks bad (quite unlikely), do Failsafe Procedure *.

NOTES: 1. * Failsafe Procedure: edit resolution in file (location **) for width, height (your fullscreen), & aspect (width / height). 2. ** File Details: A. File name: hardware_settings_config.xml (Notepad). B. Location: %USERPROFILE%\Codemasters\GRID\hardwaresettings.