Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 15:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Fallout 4 SLI Surround
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2015, 16:48 

Hi all,

I have been battling for quite a while to get Fallout 4 to fully utilize both of my GPUs whilst running in surround mode.

I finally found settings that work 100%, I just thought I would post this here in case anyone else is stuck like I was, it may be worthwhile to give these a try.

After changing the SLI bits between nvidias default and TombRaider(2013, Apollo 11 Demo) (which I found to run a little bit better than the default)

this was the setting that finally cracked it, I have no idea why but give it a try if your utilization in SLI is messed up:

Number of GPU's to use on SLI rendering mode: SLI_GPU_COUNT_ONE

No idea why that works but as soon as i set it to One both cards run at 99% and maintain 60FPS

As soon as I select 2, I get 40-50% utilization and 40FPS, the same is true for leaving it on autoselect.

I hope this helps

Attachments:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 19.42 KiB | Viewed 3531 times ]

RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866
GPU: 2x780ti
Monitors: 3x Asus 27MX279H 27" Monitors

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2015, 20:51 

So I'm very new to Widescreen gaming. I just built a new system and the only game I've been able to get in widescreen is the Alpha hanger and free flight of Star Citizen. Are you using a mod with Fallout 4 to have it recognize larger resolutions? I'm running 3 1440p monitors for a resolution of 7860X1440 with 2 MSI GTX 980 Ti's. I can't get the game to run or recognize anything but when I'm in single monitor gaming mode. Also, I've never seen the place where you put your screen shot. Is this inside the Nvidia control panel at all? Oh, and I'm running Windows 10 as well.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2015, 09:14 

Cykoth wrote:
So I'm very new to Widescreen gaming. I just built a new system and the only game I've been able to get in widescreen is the Alpha hanger and free flight of Star Citizen. Are you using a mod with Fallout 4 to have it recognize larger resolutions? I'm running 3 1440p monitors for a resolution of 7860X1440 with 2 MSI GTX 980 Ti's. I can't get the game to run or recognize anything but when I'm in single monitor gaming mode. Also, I've never seen the place where you put your screen shot. Is this inside the Nvidia control panel at all? Oh, and I'm running Windows 10 as well.

Most of us use these two simple, yet lifesaving tools for the most common games lacking support for surround/eyefinity. Both made by extremely talented coders from this great forum.

First one is Flawless widescreen:
http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/

Second one is Widescreen fixer:
https://www.widescreenfixer.org/

Other then that just a simple look at the GameDB on this forum has solutions for almost any game that one can be found for. Overall there are not many games that are flat out unable to be fixed.
http://www.wsgf.org/mgl

I hope this helps

Edit: Also I forgot to tell you for Bethesda games Like Elder Scrolls and Fallout you just need to travel to Documents/My Games/gameyouwant and open their prefs.ini file and scroll down to the part with
iSize H=
iSize W=
and put in your resolution (yours I'm assuming is this)
iSize H=1440
iSize W=7680
Then it will start up in your resolution, but you need to use one of those two programs to fix the remaining problems.
If you just take a brief look at any of those games in the Game DB it will have simple and concise step by step instructions. Bethesda is one of the more, let's say, archaic developers. Hell even Call of Duty games have gotten better about this. Yet they are still on the zombie engine that could. After making what has to be an obscene amount of money they have apparently gotten complacent.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2016, 03:51 

Hey thanks for this a lot! I've been really busy with work and haven't had a chance to utilize any of the programs you shared. I also didn't know about that Bethesda location, so thanks for that too!