Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 15:17 

Good Morning,

I hope I have come to the right place as I am not having much luck anywhere else.

I presently own and use the Acer Predator XB270HU monitor. I love this thing! Teaming the monitor up with an Nvidia GTX 980 is a thing of beauty. My goal right now is to purchase 2 Acer K272HUL bmiidp monitors to setup Nvidia Surround. I do understand that right now my present graphics card can not handle gaming at such a high resolution but with the new "pascal" cards coming out within the next year, I want to prepare myself for an upgrade in GPU and some 3 screen gaming.

I understand that I need to have the same Resolution, Refresh Rate, and Sync Polarity in order to use Nvidia Surround. I have also read it is easier to use 3 of the same type of monitor but I can not afford 2 more XB270HU screens right now. This is why I picked the Acer K272HUL bmiidp as it seemed close but with a lower refresh rate and no g-sync

I have used the "Custom Resolution Utility" version 1.2.5 by ToastyX to determine the sync polarity of my present XB270HU monitor at [+/-]

For the life of me, I can not find the sync polarity of the Acer K272HUL bmiidp. It is not in the specs on the Acer website nor is it listed in the manual.

I have contacted Acer support 3 times now.
The first rep told me that ALL Acer monitors over 1920x1080 resolution would be set at [+/-]
Not sure how true that is...

The second rep did not know what sync polarity was and just tried to explain to me how to setup Nvidia Surround. He even sent me a few links on how to hook up 3 monitors.

The third rep did understand what I was asking but did not know the answer. She did send me some information for a work-around for loading the same .inf files onto the monitors to make them appear to be the same.

I have come here in hopes that one of you out there has the Acer K272HUL bmiidp monitor and can tell me what the sync polarity is running at 2560x1440 with a 60hz refresh rate through displayport.

I did find the Dell UltraSharp U2715H monitor has the correct sync display as listed in the monitor's manual. This monitor also has a very thin bezel which is great but costs about a $100 more each.

Would anyone here be able to help please?