Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2017, 17:16 

I'm trying to connect three external monitors to a MSI Stealth GS 63 VR laptop / NVidia GTX1060, but the laptop only seems to recognize two of them. Laptop specs say it will support surround mode and up to 3 external monitors. These are all older monitors with only VGA and DVI inputs. The first two (Samsung S22B300 and Samsung SyncMaster) are connected via the DVI ports, one from the HDMI port, and one from the DisplayPort connection, and they work. I was able to span those two displays using Surround with the laptop, except of course that you have the bezel in the middle.

I got a third used monitor (Westinghouse model LCM-22-W3), but still no luck. This one is connected from the laptop’s USB-C port (has a lightning bolt icon next to it) to the VGA input by means of an Insignia USB-C to VGA adapter. The desktop will extend across the three monitors, I can drag folders across the three – so far, so good.

I can’t get all three to work with NVidia Surround, though. When I right-click on the desktop and go into the Display Settings window, I see icons for the three monitors plus the laptop display. However, when I go into NVidia Control Panel, both the Set up Multiple Displays window and the Configure Surround, PhysX window show only the first two monitors. The third monitor has a maximum resolution of 1680 x 1050, so I set the other two monitors to that resolution also, but that didn't help.

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2017, 19:02 

monitors for 3D Vision Surround, they have to be the same.
monitors for 2D Surround, they just have to all be digital.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2017, 03:57 

What is the difference between 2D and 3D surround? Does 2D mean 2 monitors and 3D mean 3 monitors?

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2017, 13:40 
Editors
Editors

No

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision- ... ology.html

Same as 3D Single Monitor, except on 3 Monitors.
With special Goggles you get the 3D effect.

Your issue here seem to be that your USB-C Port with Lightning Port does NOT output a Video signal from the GPU, but the Adapter Type-C -> VGA is a grpahics Card. Therefore it wont work in surround.