Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2014, 19:43 

I have used Display Fusion to split my 5760x1080 into three virtual displays so that windows maximize to their respective virtual monitors. But it goes bananas with the taskbar, kinda buggy and it is not free.

Nvidia has a software balled nView but it is disabled for GTX cards. I force installed it but it was too buggy.

What other methods out there are there to triple-split?

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2014, 21:12 

The way I like to use multiple monitors is with Matrox's Triplehead2go adapter hardware. Expensive tho, anywhere from $150 to $350 depending where you buy it. Ebay, Amazon, Newegg & more distributors.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2014, 23:58 
I Donated
I Donated

Tispe wrote:
I have used Display Fusion to split my 5760x1080 into three virtual displays so that windows maximize to their respective virtual monitors. But it goes bananas with the taskbar, kinda buggy and it is not free.

Nvidia has a software balled nView but it is disabled for GTX cards. I force installed it but it was too buggy.

Hi

You wont need a 3party solution. Since a year or so back the functionality comes with the drivers for gtx nvidia. You should find it in the menu of the nvidia control panel under desktop settings.
My windows maximize to each desktop and the taskbar is on the middle screen in nvidia surround mode.
:thumbup:

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2014, 01:10 

Tispe wrote:

What issues are you having with the taskbar using DF?

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2014, 09:44 
I Donated
I Donated

anteronoid wrote:
Tispe wrote:

Hi

You wont need a 3party solution. Since a year or so back the functionality comes with the drivers for gtx nvidia. You should find it in the menu of the nvidia control panel under desktop settings.
My windows maximize to each desktop and the taskbar is on the middle screen in nvidia surround mode.

Can you show exactly where? My nVidia surround doesn't let me maximize windows on each monitor. The windows never stay maximized.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2014, 15:31 

right click Nvidia control panel,desktop,surround displays...........

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2014, 22:14 
I Donated
I Donated

Amon Amarth wrote:
anteronoid wrote:
Tispe wrote:

Hi

Can you show exactly where? My nVidia surround doesn't let me maximize windows on each monitor. The windows never stay maximized.

Sure, right here. This is my settings. Works really good. :onethumb:

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2014, 10:27 

The Control Panel->Desktop-> Surround Displays options works for windows, but not fullscreen applications such as YouTube and VLC players. I have to do overlay tricks to get VLC to play fullscreen on just one monitor and allow me to use the other ones. The YouTube player can be poppped-out with a plugin to have the player take up the entire window, maximizing the window still leaves you with the window border and title bar. So not quite fullscreen on YouTube.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2014, 18:17 

Tispe wrote:
The Control Panel->Desktop-> Surround Displays options works for windows, but not fullscreen applications such as YouTube and VLC players. I have to do overlay tricks to get VLC to play fullscreen on just one monitor and allow me to use the other ones. The YouTube player can be poppped-out with a plugin to have the player take up the entire window, maximizing the window still leaves you with the window border and title bar. So not quite fullscreen on YouTube.

What overlaid tricks do you use? and have you figured out a better way to make youtube work?