Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 May 2014, 00:22 

Hi ive already posted something similar but i think i want to know the answer to this question most of all and determine whether or not to spend £700 + and purchase 3 tn panel 144hz monitors.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K
CPU Overclocking: 4.3Ghz - Extreme Overclock
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 Extreme Water Cooler
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper M5
RAM: 16GB Corsair 2133mhz Vengeance Pro (2x8GB)
Hard Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA SSD
Secondary Hard Drive: 1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s HHD
Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB
Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio
Case: CM Storm Trooper or Corsair Obsidian 750D (Not sure Yet)
PSU: 850W Corsair RM Fully Modular

What stable fps would my build be able to pull off on such games like DaySA, Arma 3, BF4, Tomb Raider, titan fall, Assassins Creed Black Flag etc high demanding fps games.

I might go with a gtx 780 Ti Sli (why ive gone with a 850 PSU) in the future but this will be my build for the Moment so any Feedback will be very much welcomed.

My brain is all over the place atm, do i have to have a constant fps that can match the maximum hz of the monitor (ASUS vg248qe for e.g) in order to take full advantage of it ?, if my build doesnt exceed a constant 120 fps and is perhaps below 80 fps then would having 3 tn panel not justify the loss of image quailty of having 3 IPS Monitors instead ? i imagine the human eye cant tell too much difference between 60 hz and 80 hz.

if i am only getting a constant 60 fps with my build in say BF4 with 3x ASUS vg248qe would i be better off with 3x IPS monitors and take advantage of their better image quality since their hz limit is 60 and my fps wouldnt even be going over than anyway, am i correct ? Hopefully the answer to my first question will be able to answer this one.

Im starting to confuse myself now, if anyone could give a little insight :)