Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2014, 11:57 

Hello everybody from Spain. :wave: :onethumb:

I've a problem with my Surround.

First of all, I've three HP ZR24w. When I'm surfing internet I use the left side monitor, while the center and right remains on stand-by.

Well, I set my NV Surround across Nvidia Control Panel, adjusting bezels, create resolutions, bla, bla, bla... until this point, all works fine.

But, when I stop playing and I want to use a single monitor (the left of all)...how I have to do?, because if I turn off NV Surround, always remains the center monitor as main.

It's funny because when I activate the surround in Windows Device Manager only one monitor is detected, whereas if I disable Surround all three screens appears, like image shows.

This issue only works with Nvidia 320.49 drivers or older, not with newer drivers. With this driver (320.49), I set my NV Surround with normally and then, to
to set the left monitor as main monitor, I did it from the Windows (because all of them appears on Device Manager!!!), but now, with surround enabled, only one monitor with 5760x1200 pixels appears!!!, so I can't manage three monitor by Windows, only by NV Control Panel.

Device Manger with NV Surround ACTIVE (I can't manage the screens if only one is detected by Windows!!!):

Thanks guys!!!. :clap:

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2014, 19:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Tomy wrote:
Hello everybody from Spain. :wave: :onethumb:

I've a problem with my Surround.

First of all, I've three HP ZR24w. When I'm surfing internet I use the left side monitor, while the center and right remains on stand-by.

Well, I set my NV Surround across Nvidia Control Panel, adjusting bezels, create resolutions, bla, bla, bla... until this point, all works fine.

But, when I stop playing and I want to use a single monitor (the left of all)...how I have to do?, because if I turn off NV Surround, always remains the center monitor as main.

It's funny because when I activate the surround in Windows Device Manager only one monitor is detected, whereas if I disable Surround all three screens appears, like image shows.

This issue only works with Nvidia 320.49 drivers or older, not with newer drivers. With this driver (320.49), I set my NV Surround with normally and then, to
to set the left monitor as main monitor, I did it from the Windows (because all of them appears on Device Manager!!!), but now, with surround enabled, only one monitor with 5760x1200 pixels appears!!!, so I can't manage three monitor by Windows, only by NV Control Panel.

Device Manger with NV Surround ACTIVE (I can't manage the screens if only one is detected by Windows!!!):

Thanks guys!!!. :clap:

What you are describing is EXACTLY how Surround SHOULD and IS working. Also Eyefinity. Basically it creates a BIG screen from multiple screens. (I will not go in the tech details as why it does that).

What you want is simple. When you use surround enable surround from NVPANEL. When you want one monitor well disable surround and use the monitor you want.
Another option would be to use a 4th display (accessory display) that will not be part of the surround group. Then you will have both surround and single monitor:)

Regards

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]