Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2013, 02:09 

I have 3 questions since I am new to Surround Gaming:

1. I just got 3 monitors and am at 7680 by 1600. I tested the Bezel correction and the problem is that I deleted it so instead of my old resolution of 8062 x 1600 I am now at 8048 x 1600. Is there a way to revert back or just use the new resolution

2. Someone told me that the best way is to measure the bezel and use a progam to detect the offset. In my case each bezel is 1" so each side is 2", what am I supposed to do?

3. Out of curiosity, whats the best way of running surround?? In Windows should Bezel Correction be on oroff? Also, is there a window that tells you which is being used since it always says nos 8048 x 1600. I assume the time when items are being lost in the bezels is 8048, however is there a better way to tell?

4. If I do use the Bezel resolution of 8048 x 1600 in gaming like an FPS will the mouse disappear and I will get screwed? (I.E. in windows when I changed to the surround resolution my icons were stuck between the bezel). Love to hear your insight.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2013, 08:31 

First, what are you using as amd and nvidia have different setups.
You normally just re run "span displays" again to adjust your screen order or bezels.

Easiest way to setup you bezels is just to use the graphics software to do so. just line up the road accross the bezel or the triangles for amd till it looks right. I've never heard of anyone measuring their bezels for setup.

I also just set windows desktop and games to bezel management. only time i might turn off bezel management if if an important icons or buttons are blocked by the bezels which is almost never.

Er? why would your mouse disappear while gaming? And why cant you just move your desktop icons if they are been blocked by a bezel?

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2013, 08:54 

dinglesniff wrote:
4. If I do use the Bezel resolution of 8048 x 1600 in gaming like an FPS will the mouse disappear and I will get screwed? (I.E. in windows when I changed to the surround resolution my icons were stuck between the bezel). Love to hear your insight.

As for number 4.
Think of bezel correction as the window frame on one of your household windows. So yes the mouse pointer can go behind the "frame" but it's never lost, just hidden from your viewpoint. Anyway it won't matter in any sort of FPS because your mouse is used to move your viewpoint not an pointer icon. In other words in a FPS moving your mouse is kind of like spinning your self to view a different direction. As for anything that does use a mouse pointer you can easily hotkey the ability to remove correction. For example I use f9 to toggle it and I think I've had to use it twice since I setup my surround.