Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A 5th monitor possible?
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2013, 03:28 

I'm trying to find a way to hook up my TV so I can watch movies on the couch, and want to know if anyone has a solution before I go buying cords and such.

Currently running 3 + 1 surround on the desktop, so the connector to the TV would either need to use the spare hdmi port or I'd need to figure out if I can use the intel hd graphics without having to reboot/break everything each time I want to just cuddle up and watch a show in comfort on the couch.

Don't even care if it is a situation where the TV just mirrors whatever is on my accessory display. Hoping a few people have experience or ideas on how I can get it to work! Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2013, 16:58 
Editors
Editors

You don't have a Limit on AMD GPU's on Nvidia your limited to 3+1 (afaik) But the Problem is that most AMD GPU's don't support more than 4 Monitors at once !

So depending on what GPU you have you either need a DVI Splitter and then you can mirror your accesoiry Display to the TV.
Or maybe you can use the IGPU parallel to the GPU for another monitor. Don't know about that.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2013, 05:35 

Haldi wrote:
You don't have a Limit on AMD GPU's on Nvidia your limited to 3+1 (afaik) But the Problem is that most AMD GPU's don't support more than 4 Monitors at once !

So depending on what GPU you have you either need a DVI Splitter and then you can mirror your accesoiry Display to the TV.
Or maybe you can use the IGPU parallel to the GPU for another monitor. Don't know about that.

Yeah, I'm not that desperate to hook the 5th tv up that I'll replace the Nvidia cards. What do you mean by IGPU parallel? How much does a DVI splitter usually run and will it work if the resolution of the two destination monitors are different? Does it need to be an active DVI splitter?

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2013, 17:52 
Editors
Editors

DVI Splittercan only Mirror a Signal! So you would need to mirror your Extended Display, and it would need to have the same Resolution!

What CPU and Mainboard are you using? If it has an integrated HD4000 you might be able to use 3+1 Monitor from GPU and another monitor directly from Mainboard via iGPU... tought i'm not sure on that.