Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 06:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I just found out after
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2012, 17:00 

I just found out after talking to Nvidia Support that they expect the resolution to downgrade if all 3 monitors not the same.

If the resolution sync portlier refresh rate and EDID of the display are not all the same it will drop down to a lower resolution.

I know some people made custom INF and such, however with my situation, I can't do that.

I asked them to log an enhancement request and get this working as AMD does not have the same limitation. I am very close to returning my 670 and getting an AMD solution.

Post subject: Ugh
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012, 04:41 

I just got a 670 and I'm having the same problem. I did the "edit driver" fix listed on this post and I can get the nVidia control center to show all 3 monitors as the same kind, but it still doesn't enter in to surround mode. I tried a uninstall and install of the nvidia drivers, funny thing when I did that, it recognized all the monitors for what they are, even when the monitors were in "generic pnp" status. Is there any other way around this? If I can't get this to work, well not only will I be very disappointed, but I will have a 670 for sale...

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2012, 05:40 

Everyone,

The issue you are having with exact same monitors not working when using the Display Port for connectivity to one of the monitor is due a sync issue. The easiest way to fix this issues is to purchase a HDMI to DVI adaptor. Should cost about 15 bucks. Then connect the monitor via DVI cable. At this point, all of the monitors will be connected with DVI timing and this issue will be solved.

I personally have a GTX 670 and 3 22" Dell P2212H monitors. I had the same issue when trying to use the Display Port. Once I converted to using the DHMI port with adaptor. NO MORE PROBLEMS.

I currently use the DisplayPort for utility monitor ONLY.

Later....

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2013, 03:32 

Did nvidia fix this in a recent driver update because my friend has 3 different brand and size monitors (same res) and he gets his correct desktop resolution just fine.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2013, 12:41 

I have got two monitors connected over DVI and one connected using a DP to DVI adapter. I have to mess about with inf files to get my monitors to all use the same sync polarity at their native res (1680x1050) but it does work. I see that a lot of people are having trouble with getting surround enabled with native resolutions so perhaps we can get a sticky going with a tips on how to get it working?