Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jun 2024, 20:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 03:26 
Editors
Editors

I can't afford to buy $1k in video cards simply for testing. I will eat a restocking fee, though.

Do a "chip in/donate" button below the review. If you do the same quality review as you do with the other cards. And more specific on surround on single gpu. I'm sure you'll get at least enough for the restocking fee!

I'll throw in some Bucks for sure. Since i got a credit card now ^^

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 07:03 
Insiders
Insiders

The rumor mill has it, that a single GTX680 can do 2x1, 3x1 and 4x1. I suppose we'll know more shortly. And since it has a DP 1.2 port on-board that I'm guessing 5x1 and 6x1 via DP 1.2 chaining. That last part is just high speculation on my part though.

Some screenshots floating around of the 300 driver in single GTX680 testing showed Surround in the left tab menu. I saw no indication that it was an SLI setup.

It's all just speculative FUD to me until one of WSGF experiments with one or two though.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 07:03 
Insiders
Insiders

I am doing everything I can to get a pair of cards. If I can't through "normal" means, then I will simply buy a pair, test them and then return them to whatever store I buy them from. I can't afford to buy $1k in video cards simply for testing. I will eat a restocking fee, though.

I'm in the market for a new video card, if you do get them would you consider selling one to me minus the restocking fee? I'd pay shipping of course. You'd make out the same anyway, you get to review the card, and I get a discounted card and you get the same amount of money back as you would returning it.

Thing is, the 680 would have to support HD-Audio bitstreaming and HDMI-Audio out since I use a receiver for PC surround and blu-ray playback. Anyone know if it will?

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 07:04 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]I am doing everything I can to get a pair of cards. If I can't through "normal" means, then I will simply buy a pair, test them and then return them to whatever store I buy them from. I can't afford to buy $1k in video cards simply for testing. I will eat a restocking fee, though.

I'm in the market for a new video card, if you do get them would you consider selling one to me minus the restocking fee? I'd pay shipping of course. You'd make out the same anyway, you get to review the card, and I get a discounted card and you get the same amount of money back as you would returning it.

Thing is, the 680 would have to support HD-Audio bitstreaming and HDMI-Audio out since I use a receiver for PC surround and blu-ray playback. Anyone know if it will?
Two DVI, one HDMI 1.4a and one DP 1.2 port.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 14:39 

Gentleman!!! I really hope this are faster/cheaper than the 7970. I might just sell my 7970 and get it instead.

Post subject: Spotted
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 15:11 

Spotted this...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1231113/gtx680

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 15:44 
Administrators
Administrators

Gentleman!!! I really hope this are faster/cheaper than the 7970. I might just sell my 7970 and get it instead.

Single card, multi-monitor setup, from NVidia, do want, please NVidia, send me one :(( two if you can spare them 0:)

:3dsurround

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012, 21:47 
Insiders
Insiders

Still way too vague about 2x1 and 4x1 in that MSI PR. No mention of 2x1 at all and only mentions 4x1 in relation to desktop use. It's as though they still don't understand the reasoning behind anything other than 3x1. NVIDIA is still slow on the uptake.

Also make way for a new generation of users confused as heck about DP adapters thanks to the *. A whole new round of countless people asking what the heck is an active adapter then explaining what works with single-link and dual-link. I suppose at least the issue is standard across both sides of the fence soon. A lot less deviation of ability between the two options now. I'll be happy 5 years+ down the road when everything will have at least one DP 1.2 and HDMI 1.4a port and DVI is a dinosaur heading into extinction.

Post subject: I agree.While seeing
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012, 14:07 
Editors
Editors

I agree.

While seeing 'confirmation' from MSI on single card Surround is nice, there is still far too little information around about other options. Personally, I'm not holding my breath, but it would be excellent to see nVidia take it seriously with their new cards. Shouldn't be long to wait now.

Also was bemused by the Toms Hardware review slides 'leak' - if true... why didn't they make a day-one 4GB version? :(

Post subject: Triplescreen action at
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2012, 00:14 

Triplescreen action at 2:35

Youtube

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next