Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 10:38 

So i have 3 27in monitors, The center is a 1440p asus rog IPS panel. The other Two sides are 1080p samsungs. My question is do all 3 of my monitors have to be plugged into a display port for me to be able to do surround. I ask because when i activate my surround and scale my center monitor down to 1080p i can only get 3000 X 700 thats the only resolution available, i cant force a new resolution or anything. I ask this because my center monitor is diplay port my left monitor is HDMI to displayport and my right monitor is HDMI. Am i limited because 1 monitor is HDMI? Help please ill be happy to answer questions.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2016, 19:52 

Operationurmom wrote:
So i have 3 27in monitors, The center is a 1440p asus rog IPS panel. The other Two sides are 1080p samsungs. My question is do all 3 of my monitors have to be plugged into a display port for me to be able to do surround. I ask because when i activate my surround and scale my center monitor down to 1080p i can only get 3000 X 700 thats the only resolution available, i cant force a new resolution or anything. I ask this because my center monitor is diplay port my left monitor is HDMI to displayport and my right monitor is HDMI. Am i limited because 1 monitor is HDMI? Help please ill be happy to answer questions.

Hello Operationurmom (funny name) :welcome

I would suggest looking at the following link and input your video card configuration. This will tell you how you should connect your monitors.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/surround/system-requirements

If this doesn't help, can you please give the exact make and models of your monitors and video card.

-b0n3z

ASUS Maximus XII Gene MB | i7 4790k CPU with Corsair Hydro Series H80i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB | (2) EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Founders Edition in HB SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | Corsair Digital AX760i PSU | (3) Asus PG279Q (1) Asus PG278Q mounted on WSGF Ultimate Desk Stand v2 with Thru Desk Mount (3+1 Landscape Surround) | HTC Vive | Grace Design m9XX Headphone Amp/DAC | AudioEngine A5+ Bamboo | Ultimate Ears CIEM UE-5 Pro | ErgoDox Infinity Keyboard (Cherry Red) with Custom Keycaps | Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mouse | Win10 Enterprise x64

Current Setup