Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 21:05 
Editors
Editors

Calm down. There is no reason for name calling. Flaming members is not acceptable.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 21:07 
Founder
Founder

Uhhh you sure about that show me a DP monitor that is as cheap as a standard DVI monitor please I would love to see one. All the ones I have seen that are 24" are around $600. I got my DVI/HDMI monitor for $189.

BWAHAHAHA two is all you found you know for a fact they are way less common and more expensive. I can find 24" monitors all day long that are cheaper and better specs then both those so.......

It is funny that you are trying to disagree with me.

Here is a post I made in a different thread last week on this:
IMHO having the DP connection should be paramount. Also, not sure which display technology you're really wanting. If you're willing to go with TN there are a number of options. I'm in the process of updating the MML (link to the left). The Dell P2310H is a 1920x1080 monitor with a DP connection. It runs $249 but is currently on sale for $209. Other Dell options are the P2210 (1680x1050, $239), P2010H (1600x900, $179) and E2210H (1920x1080, $199). This last one is only a 21.5" monitor and has a tight pixel pitch of .248, making for a very crisp picture.

The HP w2238h 1920x1080 and a DP connection. It runs $299 but is currently on sale for $225. HP also has the LA2205wq which is 1680x1050 for $245. They also have the LA2405wq for $379, but I think that takes you out of your price range. And HP has the LP2275, which is a PVA panel, for $349. These last three are part of their commercial line.

I found four DP monitors from Dell and three from HP. You never say *what* panels you got, only that they were cheaper. What was the panel type? What are the warranty terms? Who is the mfg?

All that aside, this post right here is your one and only warning about your attitude and posts in this thread. I am doing this publicly, as I want other members and guests to know an attitude like this is not welcome. I have found your attitude immature and combative. Case in point, you said:

show me a DP monitor that is as cheap as a standard DVI monitor please I would love to see one. All the ones I have seen that are 24" are around $600

People then began giving you data - AT YOUR REQUEST. Once they started to do so, you respond with:

BWAHAHAHA....... It is funny that you are trying to disagree with me.

Then you attack the poster for trying to "disagree" with you when they provide the data you asked for. I don't care if you don't think you've been acting in this manner. I don't care if you think I'm wrong. As the Founder and Owner of the WSGF, mine is the one opinion that counts.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 21:16 

If by expensive, you mean 3 S-IPS 24" monitors for a total of 900$, then yes, it was quite expensive. Only issue Ive experience is a messed up cursor occasionally.

Lining up was more of a problem from running out of table space than anything else. Having 2 identical monitors and 1 with DP does not look "retarded".

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-98290-1262980239.jpg

2408 + 2407 + 245T

If Nv offered 3 DVI/HDMI from 1 card, then absolutely. But requiring me to get a SLI motherboard + 2 video cards is not heads and shoulders better than hassling with DP. Not when the P55 motherboards are limited to 8x SLI/Xfire speeds, and not when it also requires me to get a bigger PSU and Case while losing 2 expansion ports.

If you would rather spend 800$ on video cards instead of 400$, why not just get some S-IPS panels and be done with it? They depreciate alot slower than video cards and they look a helluva lot better than TN. Plus the option to use 3xPortrait is great for office work.

Mod edit: Deleted. Reason: flaming

:shock: :lol:

By not going that route being DP monitors then one would save enough to purchase 2 cards for SLI. You say $900 well I got all three of mine for $600 and they are 24" so the extra $300 towards cards is a lot. And one could actually get 2 260's for that so......

Go ahead and defend the situation anyway you want but for the most part a lot of people I believe would have to disagree with you in my opinion.

I mean just go look at the Eyefinity threads and look for your self how many people are having issues with DP. And for what I am telling you right now if they made it possible with two cards with out needing to use DP like Nvidia looks to be doing then I would no doubt by another 5870 just to not have to deal with the head ache. But it will be cheaper for me to just sell the one I have and get some 2 series cards.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 21:21 
Founder
Founder

You can get three Dell P2310H monitors for roughly $600 (see above post). These are 1080p and have DP. I for one have had no problems with my DP+DVI+DVI setup on three 24's.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 21:27 

[quote]Uhhh you sure about that show me a DP monitor that is as cheap as a standard DVI monitor please I would love to see one. All the ones I have seen that are 24" are around $600. I got my DVI/HDMI monitor for $189.

BWAHAHAHA two is all you found you know for a fact they are way less common and more expensive. I can find 24" monitors all day long that are cheaper and better specs then both those so.......

It is funny that you are trying to disagree with me.

Here is a post I made in a different thread last week on this:
IMHO having the DP connection should be paramount. Also, not sure which display technology you're really wanting. If you're willing to go with TN there are a number of options. I'm in the process of updating the MML (link to the left). The Dell P2310H is a 1920x1080 monitor with a DP connection. It runs $249 but is currently on sale for $209. Other Dell options are the P2210 (1680x1050, $239), P2010H (1600x900, $179) and E2210H (1920x1080, $199). This last one is only a 21.5" monitor and has a tight pixel pitch of .248, making for a very crisp picture.

The HP w2238h 1920x1080 and a DP connection. It runs $299 but is currently on sale for $225. HP also has the LA2205wq which is 1680x1050 for $245. They also have the LA2405wq for $379, but I think that takes you out of your price range. And HP has the LP2275, which is a PVA panel, for $349. These last three are part of their commercial line.

I found four DP monitors from Dell and three from HP. You never say *what* panels you got, only that they were cheaper. What was the panel type? What are the warranty terms? Who is the mfg?

All that aside, this post right here is your one and only warning about your attitude and posts in this thread. I am doing this publicly, as I want other members and guests to know an attitude like this is not welcome. I have found your attitude immature and combative. Case in point, you said:

show me a DP monitor that is as cheap as a standard DVI monitor please I would love to see one. All the ones I have seen that are 24" are around $600

People then began giving you data - AT YOUR REQUEST. Once they started to do so, you respond with:

BWAHAHAHA....... It is funny that you are trying to disagree with me.

Then you attack the poster for trying to "disagree" with you when they provide the data you asked for. I don't care if you don't think you've been acting in this manner. I don't care if you think I'm wrong. As the Founder and Owner of the WSGF, mine is the one opinion that counts.

Why is everyone getting mad about it. He is the one that was attacking me. All I was saying is that DP panels are known to be more expensive and not as common.

And for my Monitor it is a Gateway FHD 2401 which by the name might not sound that great to people but if you have ever seen one in person or read reviews then you would see this is a very good monitor that has many great reviews and is a very popular monitor.

And I didn't mean to attack by saying that he was trying to disagree with me. But he kept going on and on. It is not hard to see by the Eyefinity threads that many people are having issues with this. So I was giving my opinion on why I think this is a better solution. And that I wish ATI would use this solution.

Then he came back and attacked me and said this and that. And how his Eyefinity is working great has not problems while mine is not working.

But yet I am the one to get warned. I have posted informative post on this thread and don't consider myself to attack people.

I feel that you have to know someone on this forum to not get lashed at. This is the only forum I have ever been on where I have been warned for this or that. I don't see the problem here but seems like you have it out for me for what ever reason so all I can say is I am sorry for what ever it is that I have done wrong.

I would love to be a part of this community but if you as the founder are going to attack me and constantly give me warnings for anything I do then so be it.....You can send me a pm if you would like to discuss your concern else where. That would be appropriate.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 21:31 

You can get three Dell P2310H monitors for roughly $600 (see above post). These are 1080p and have DP. I for one have had no problems with my DP+DVI+DVI setup on three 24's.

Ok thanks for sharing that is a good deal if you did not already have monitors to use. If you didn't have any monitors to start with. I already had two of my monitors before eyefinity so to buy 3 new monitors just so I can use DP which seems some people are still having issues with native DP that just is not practical for most people.

But when you already have monitors it would be really easy to just buy one more. I would say there are many people that atleast use dual monitors at home so this prolly would have appealed to a bigger crowd.

Anyways end rants/

Back on topic

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 21:32 

What confounds me is how much money you are willing to throw at your rig, while being dirt-cheap with your monitors. You seem perfectly happy with budget-line TN quality, yet you demand no less than perfection from everything else. If you are satisfied with poor image quality, why are you so hung up on having 3 identical panels displaying poor image quality?

I seriously doubt Nv is going to release their surround setup requiring people to have SLI. While that is great for those who already have SLI with the 200 series, it is a big hassle for anything getting their newest cards. You may think SLI is less troublesome than DP, but there are plenty of people who prefer the simplicity of a single card. Not only are there less driver issues, but there is also the matter of space, power consumption, motherboard compatibility, and the value of 2 cards depreciating at once.

The biggest mistake ATI made was not DP, rather not providing an affordable adapter that is also free of signficant bugs upon launch.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 21:39 

What confounds me is how much money you are willing to throw at your rig, while being dirt-cheap with your monitors. You seem perfectly happy with budget-line TN quality, yet you demand no less than perfection from everything else. If you are satisfied with poor image quality, why are you so hung up on having 3 identical panels displaying poor image quality?

I seriously doubt Nv is going to release their surround setup requiring people to have SLI. While that is great for those who already have SLI with the 200 series, it is a big hassle for anything getting their newest cards. You may think SLI is less troublesome than DP, but there are plenty of people who prefer the simplicity of a single card. Not only are there less driver issues, but there is also the matter of space, power consumption, motherboard compatibility, and the value of 2 cards depreciating at once.

The biggest mistake ATI made was not DP, rather not providing an affordable adapter that is also free of signficant bugs upon launch.

I would have to agree with the adapter statement you made that would have been nice.

These monitors are great they have a amazing picture super crisp do some reviews on them these monitors are in no way poor quality.

Single card solution most people who are buying these cards have no problem buying multiple cards these cards are targeted towards Gamers and Enthusiast so....

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 21:41 

[quote]If by expensive, you mean 3 S-IPS 24" monitors for a total of 900$, then yes, it was quite expensive. Only issue Ive experience is a messed up cursor occasionally.

Lining up was more of a problem from running out of table space than anything else. Having 2 identical monitors and 1 with DP does not look "retarded".

2408 + 2407 + 245T

If Nv offered 3 DVI/HDMI from 1 card, then absolutely. But requiring me to get a SLI motherboard + 2 video cards is not heads and shoulders better than hassling with DP. Not when the P55 motherboards are limited to 8x SLI/Xfire speeds, and not when it also requires me to get a bigger PSU and Case while losing 2 expansion ports.

If you would rather spend 800$ on video cards instead of 400$, why not just get some S-IPS panels and be done with it? They depreciate alot slower than video cards and they look a helluva lot better than TN. Plus the option to use 3xPortrait is great for office work.

By not going that route being DP monitors then one would save enough to purchase 2 cards for SLI. You say $900 well I got all three of mine for $600 and they are 24" so the extra $300 towards cards is a lot. And one could actually get 2 260's for that so......

Go ahead and defend the situation anyway you want but for the most part a lot of people I believe would have to disagree with you in my opinion.

I mean just go look at the Eyefinity threads and look for your self how many people are having issues with DP. And for what I am telling you right now if they made it possible with two cards with out needing to use DP like Nvidia looks to be doing then I would no doubt by another 5870 just to not have to deal with the head ache. But it will be cheaper for me to just sell the one I have and get some 2 series cards.

Everyone has their way of doing things and it is not always necessary for them to have to justify their decisions on an internet forum. There is no reason for comments on here to become personal and threads should not be constantly derailed by flame wars. I don't even feel comfortable posting this, but I just want to continue using this forum as it was intended to be; an excellent source of information on widescreen gaming solutions.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 21:51 

[quote][quote]If by expensive, you mean 3 S-IPS 24" monitors for a total of 900$, then yes, it was quite expensive. Only issue Ive experience is a messed up cursor occasionally.

2408 + 2407 + 245T

Everyone has their way of doing things and it is not always necessary for them to have to justify their decisions on an internet forum. There is no reason for comments on here to become personal and threads should not be constantly derailed by flame wars. I don't even feel comfortable posting this, but I just want to continue using this forum as it was intended to be; an excellent source of information on widescreen gaming solutions.

I totally agree with you and didn't really think we were attacking each other or starting a war. The above post that you quoted didn't seem like attacks to me at all if they were again I am sorry for offending anyone but I don't think he thought I was either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next