Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 10:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2019, 18:11 
Editors
Editors

Hours? it Takes about 15 Minutes to fix all ^^

How it's done...
Haldi wrote:
Tutorial how to edit .ba2 files
Things you need:
(Edit: OR use Archive2.exe which comes included in the Creation Kit for Fallout 4 )
JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler from here: https://github.com/jindrapetrik/jpexs-d ... r/releases (take the Nightly... You might not have a Header for F76)
the original Fallout4 Interfaces.ba2)

What to do?
Edit: Open the Interface.ba2 with archive2.exe select the files you want to extract, click on Archive-> Extract Selected to
You have now an unpacked archive and can modify all .swf files how you wan't em.

What to change?
You have the heade of the .swf file, most of the time it's enough to simply change that to the Aspect Ratio you want.
Original is 25'600x14'400 twips aka 1280x720 pixel (Yep... it's simply x 20) if you wan't 21:9 you don't set it to your Resolution of 3440x1440 but leave it the 720p in height and simply set the according 1706 pixel wide aka 34'120 twips

How to prevent certain Elements from being Left aligned?
Stuff like Examine and Workshop are all left aligned, if you want them to be over the whole Monitor you'd need to modify each element itself.
If you wan't them to be Centered you can modify the whole Frame. you go to "Frames" select "frame 1" select tha "place Object blablabla" and search for the "translateX: SB[n TranslateBits] = 000" in "matrix". With this you can move the whole Frame segment.
Be aware that this are NOT pixels but twips (pixel x 20) and that the maximum X lenght is defined in the header of the file, not your gaming resolution.

How to recompile the .swf files into a .ba2
Edit:
Open the interface.ba2 with Archive2.exe click on Archive-> Add Folder and import the Folder you exported and fixed before. Now click on File->Save and thats all.

The only files i fixed in this release were:
examinemenu.swf
overlay.swf
securetrade.swf
selfiemenu.swf

Something else might still be broken and needs fixing tough ^^

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2019, 00:06 

I tried the newest "V2" interface.ba2 fail but it won't allow Fallout 76 to start. The earlier one would not allow trades as reported earlier.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2019, 16:10 
Editors
Editors

Wowowow the v2 was for patch V 1.0.1.14 right?
The current game version is V 1.0.6.0 you need to download the Interface from that Folder.

You can Sort by Upload Date, that helps.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2019, 19:38 

Oh sorry - I used the link on your previous post which was direct. Now I see it - Ooops! Thanks again - working perfectly.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 20:15 

New patch, and of course it is broken again ... you cannot drop anything, item descriptions in the pipboy are missing, workshop menu is completely blank, etc.

Now, I don't want to come back every time they patch their game and waste Haldi's time to fix this, so I am currently looking at the JPEXS decompiler window and followed the steps to do it myself. Generally the process seems to work and I can load my modified Interface.ba2 files, thanks a lot for the step-by-step guide. However, I am not able to figure our how to remove the Quickplay-invite notification and "controls have been temporarily disabled" notification described here: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 6&start=19

(fun fact: bethesda seems to be aware of this issue, but instead of fixing it they merely replaced the inviting user name there to _____ in order to preserve his/her privacy ... can't make this shit up)

Removing these notifications is the most important thing though, because they cover very important parts of the screen, like the stash box size or the vendor item list, so having them is not just ugly but an actual problem in-game.

@Haldi: could you explain which of the swf files have to be modified to get rid of them (or at least to move them to a less important place and the screen)? You mentioned that you put some menus on the right screen, but I don't know how. I am planning to create a version of Interface.ba2 that fixes that and JUST that (i.e. while keeping all menu scalings ugly), with the hope that this will then also work with future patches. Of course I am happy to share the file here on the forum once it is done.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 20:33 

Hi @ekzhl thanks so much for taking this up. I thought of doing the same. I wish you the best of luck!

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 22:06 
Editors
Editors

The last fix i did only included the files:
examinemenu.swf
overlay.swf <-- includes Popup/Friend invites
securetrade.swf
selfiemenu.swf

If you want the Friendinivtes to be Right bound you simply need to change the resolution in the header from 38400x21600 to triplewide 115200. it will be automatically on the right side. If you center it notifications will be stuck on the right monitor all the time.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2019, 19:39 

> If you want the Friendinivtes to be Right bound you simply need to change the resolution in the header from 38400x21600 to triplewide 115200.

That alone didn't do the trick for me, it still showed these persistent popup windows on the right screen. Now I tweaked the Display Rect parameters a little bit and finally set them to 10000,14000 (twips) such that it is moved outside of the screen, but the "World found" popup is also heavily clipped (which isn't that dramatic imo). I uploaded the Interface.ba2 with only this change here:

(link removed)

I am also doing a version with all the other files fixed that you mentioned in your list. Also I would love to fix hudmenu.swf to make the HUD symbols more centered. The guide above explains how to shift frames to the center screen using the translation params, however, in hudmenu.swf there are a lot of them. Should I add 51200 to all X translations there?

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 05:21 
Editors
Editors

Good luck with that.

The HUD menu is somewhat complicated. If you shift all it probably breaks and crashes at startup.
So the safest option is to edit only Health and others. I think they were named bottom right bar and bottomleftbar and center bar or stuff like that.
Luckily it will preview the changes. So you can see if it was the right one :)

P.S thanks for taking over.
I haven't started the game in ages so my motivation is almost non existential.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 09:56 

Thank you so much!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next