Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 12:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Titanfall 2
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2017, 09:51 
I Donated
I Donated

Anyone noticed the extra brightness when in Surround/Eyefinity? It goes away on single monitor, but it seems the lighting scales with resolution/aspect ratio (like some other games I've noticed), and doesn't look right in Surround. Anyone come up with a way to fix it?

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2017, 22:14 

Amon Amarth wrote:
Anyone noticed the extra brightness when in Surround/Eyefinity? It goes away on single monitor, but it seems the lighting scales with resolution/aspect ratio (like some other games I've noticed), and doesn't look right in Surround. Anyone come up with a way to fix it?

Just got the game a month ago. I have only played it in surround at 7680x1440. I played thru the single player and really like it. Set up a game between a friend and I and in some maps it was very bright. I asked my friend if his was bright on his 2560x1440 monitor and I asked him to take a screen shot. I did so also.. Mine was way brighter. To the point where you lose detail in the presentation.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2017, 22:54 
I Donated
I Donated

stangflyer wrote:
Amon Amarth wrote:

Just got the game a month ago. I have only played it in surround at 7680x1440. I played thru the single player and really like it. Set up a game between a friend and I and in some maps it was very bright. I asked my friend if his was bright on his 2560x1440 monitor and I asked him to take a screen shot. I did so also.. Mine was way brighter. To the point where you lose detail in the presentation.

Yeah, I had to actually turn down the contrast on my monitors just to get through the horrible sun glare. Obviously looks nothing like that on a single monitor resolution, but you only get that problem in Surround.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2017, 16:14 

scavvenjahh wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up, I've added a note about this to the DR (if you can word it better, please do: click the Edit button).
This "sun is suddenly a supernova" issue is a pain. Sometimes it's caused by high aspect ratios, sometimes it's the high pixel count alone. If you ever test these maps at the lowest Eyefinity/Surround resolution available to you, I'd be interested in the result ;)

I will test at lower surround res in the next couple of days. I play at 7680x1440 and would like the extreme brightness fixed.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 09:10 

frag85 wrote:
Kayden wrote:
Here is a thread I found on the Titanfall 2 forums. Sound off there so we can let the dev's know we want this fixed!

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/disc ... ues#latest

Done. Its kind of surprising that the menu works everywhere but the main menu. The scaling is tolerable the first time I launched the game I had to figure out how to get into a game to change the options.

For me it's not that tolerable haha, I posted on the thread.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017, 20:16 

scavvenjahh wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up, I've added a note about this to the DR (if you can word it better, please do: click the Edit button).
This "sun is suddenly a supernova" issue is a pain. Sometimes it's caused by high aspect ratios, sometimes it's the high pixel count alone. If you ever test these maps at the lowest Eyefinity/Surround resolution available to you, I'd be interested in the result ;)

I lowered res from 7680x1440 to 43?? x900 and still the brightness was there. I have the 3 same model monitors properly calibrated and I have the in game brightness to 10%.