Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 02:42 

Does anyone know if this has ultrawide support? It's from the studio that did the very coll Alan Wake games, and who have an excellent track record with proper resolution support. This is a Win10 Store exclusive so I wasn't hopeful. I did however find a thread on Nvidia furoms where Helifax was trying to get it through peoples thick skulls that SLI can't run in windowed mode since WDM handles it instead of the driver itself. HOWEVER, Remedy has apparently found a way to do this because later on in the thread even Helifax seems convinced SLI is working in borderless window. While I personally will reserve judgement on that until more evidence is available, I started getting a glimmer of hope that there might be ultrawide support. They are using the same engine as the Alan Wake games. It has just been heavily updated so I don't see why it isn't possible.

I didn't read every single comment to see if that SLI in windowed mode was debunked at the end, but it didn't seem like that was the case.
Here is the Nvidia thread I was speaking of.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... ?offset=24

Anyway, if anyone else has the game (which came out today) or knows the answer I would be very grateful. This game looks absolutely amazing to me, and I was pretty excited about it coming to PC. Please and Thank you in advance for any answers, or even just some discourse on the matter.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 18:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks for the link, interesting read. I won't be much help.
By end of thread, SLI-support seemed pretty uncertain to me (re whether SLI was actually active or if FPS was misleading bug).
I would love if borderless gaming eventually supported multi-cards. It's more flexible & easy-going than fullscreen (if you remove SLI from equation).

Re spread:
If you know for certain this game uses MaxFX (heavily modified), then there is strong chance it will spread well (about 90% chance).
Likely at the very worst, this game would require borderless to spread, & maybe a minor tweak (e.g. launcher argument).
But these days fullscreen MM support is pretty likely to exist on big games, if not immediately. This is a pretty big game, with multiple recognizable movie actors & a respected developer.
BTW I am currently playing Tomb Raider 2013, which has pretty-shitty fullscreen MM support (but borderless spread is beautiful).

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2016, 19:48 

I would wait to see if they fix all the issues first

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-what-went-wrong-with-quantum-break-pc

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2016, 08:02 

imusrt wrote:
Thanks for the link, interesting read. I won't be much help.
By end of thread, SLI-support seemed pretty uncertain to me (re whether SLI was actually active or if FPS was misleading bug).
I would love if borderless gaming eventually supported multi-cards. It's more flexible & easy-going than fullscreen (if you remove SLI from equation).

Re spread:
If you know for certain this game uses MaxFX (heavily modified), then there is strong chance it will spread well (about 90% chance).
Likely at the very worst, this game would require borderless to spread, & maybe a minor tweak (e.g. launcher argument).
But these days fullscreen MM support is pretty likely to exist on big games, if not immediately. This is a pretty big game, with multiple recognizable movie actors & a respected developer.
BTW I am currently playing Tomb Raider 2013, which has pretty-shitty fullscreen MM support (but borderless spread is beautiful).

As far as the SLI borderless goes I also cannot see that being what is really going on. With the rest I was also almost sure the engine even gutted and rebuilt to support a new API would still retain the ability to scale and render properly at almost any AR. However that being said the more I see about the game the less I feel that will be the case. Also basically every bit of excitement I had to play the game has vanished. Two of the design choices in particular really put me off. The first horrid decision they made was that it in ALL cases, no matter what only ever renders at 2/3 of the resolution it is displayed at.So 2560x1440 is 1760x960. It is run through 4xMSAA but that doesn't mean a damn thing especially since not all MSAA implementations are created equal and they needed to cut corners to get this running on a toaster. The second of a long list of bad ideas was to only have local cutscenes on said toasters. On the PC every cutscene, of which there are many is streamed from their servers. Their entire argument about why the games limitations are there and why it is always upsampled was; to preserve quality at all costs making sure everyone has a good experience. It must have just slipped by them that streaming super compressed and pixilated Bink video to half the user base that will have crap internet then upscaling that too would make for a garbage experience. Unless of course they pioneered a new codec and video wrapper that is lightyears above what already exists. The final damnable thing on my list of why I went from super excited to could care less is one I would've overlooked had everything esle been halfass decent. That is of course the fact they laid in bed with Microsoft in the first place. If they want to make console games that's fine, make console games. Just don't pretend like your doing us a favor and cared so much about the PC market you convinced MS with sheer willpower and fortitude alone, and then release an absolute abortion. There's more but it's late and I've already had too many run-on sentences trying to stay awake and finish this. That is my two cents.

PostPosted: 16 May 2016, 10:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Works fine for me? :D

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 16 May 2016, 13:52 

HaYDeN wrote:

Works fine for me? :D

Damn I had given up on playing this. Are you being cheeky and actually did have to fix it? Or have they patched it into a working state? Also Is SLI working? Please and Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: 18 May 2016, 11:36 
Insiders
Insiders

I can only imagine how bad the FPS will be :/

PostPosted: 20 May 2016, 21:01 

Sorry if I've missed an obvious thread on this but I simply cannot find any fix for Quantum Break at 21:9 and would be hugely appreciative of a pointer in the right direction :)

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2016, 19:49 

Did anyone ever solve this? nVidia Surround only displays a single screen resolution (1680x1050 in my case). I hate gaming on 1 screen, it makes my sad. )-:

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2016, 12:31 

Whoohoo! Hi Guys, today my Quantum Break start with 4800x900 resolution (eyefinity) and normal FOV. Sorry for my bad Eng) I from Russia. All 3 screens work fine, like HaYden! But game HUD position not centered, fix need. In the game, video play normal (not stretch). First step start game with original resolution (1 screen) save and quit from game. Second step, change resolution in renderer.ini in C:\Users\Username*\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.QuantumBreak_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState. Install Hex Editor like HxD and open Quantum Break.exe. Search in QuantumBreak.exe (my version was 2.5.0.0) hexadecimal value AB AA AA 3F 26 B4 17 40 and replace to AB AA AA 40 AB AA AA 40. Play!
P.S Dont change resolution in game.