Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Warframe Finally Works!
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 07:28 

So I kid you not, after all these years Digital Extremes finally removed the 4096 rendering limit the Evolution engine had. Warframe will no longer boot up with a black screen at 7680x1440, or 5760x1080. It starts up normal and just works. I am actually still in disbelief. This is an exceptional game, with so much content it is almost overwhelming. The Devs however are not my favorite people to put it mildly. They are damn talented, and creative I can't deny them that. Yet they lack foresight and stick to some archaic practices that they must not have fully thought out. Thank goodness the business model isn't what I'm talking about. That they have done very well. There is so much stuff in this game, all of which is carefully detailed and appropriately themed for an epic Sci-Fi space ninja journey. Anyways that is all I have to say about it. It finally works, and damn well at that.
I know some people here were waiting these years with me. I know besides myself, Spoonie, and a few others were also ragging in the forums trying to get some love for Surround/Eyefinity setups. I hope this is good news for some people.

Here are some screenshots with some details. :triplewide:

The login screen is centered

The options menu is good except for the accept/back buttons.

The Navigation menu is centered but leaves the bounds a little on either side. Undoubtedly it is 21:9 since that is the widest AR they support, and they actually added that last year.

The HUD is the only thing I've found at the edges of the outer monitors. I personally don't ever look at it since the game is so fast paced; however the mini-map is also on the left top corner. The in-game screen adjustment will bring it closer (Undoubtedly also to 21:9), but they end up in the middle of the other screen. The reticle is centered, and the correct scale. Also the PiP with Lotus and other people talking to you is to the left and slightly stretched.

The models, geometry, effects, and post processing is all correctly scaled and rendered. Including the elemental effects, weapon effects, lens flares, fog, and DoF etc..

The Codex, Mods, and all other stations on your ship are also centered menus are also centered but leave the bounds also.

The only one that is really stretched is the Equipment/Warframe station. It is however still totally usable.

The Hacking and other in game tasks/mechanics are all perfectly centered. (As far as I can tell anyway. I've yet to see one not centered, or unusable

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2016, 17:47 
Editors
Editors

That is awesome, havent touched warframe in ages, but it's great to hear that even after all this time they added Triplewide support.

Now if you could upload some of these Screenshots into the Detailed Report and update the description and grading that would be awesome :)
http://www.wsgf.org/dr/warframe/en

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2016, 04:22 
Insiders
Insiders

I have updated the Warframe detailed report with a new set of screenshots.

The multi-monitor bloom effect seems to be slightly subdued for some reason. This also makes the gameplay slightly darker overall.

The equipment menu HUD stretching affects ultra-widescreen as well, so that might get fixed (since Warframe now officially supports ultra-widescreen).

Hopefully the developers will expand the range of the HUD margin feature and have it affect other UI elements. If the UI could be set narrow enough for multi-monitor that would resolve all the remaining issues.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2016, 05:40 
Insiders
Insiders

Holy shit, I'll have to have a look at this - I wonder if it was an accident or they finally came around?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2016, 20:19 

I didn't expect them to xhange their mind. This is great news considering how cool that game is. Updating now.
Edi: Yep works very well. UI gets stretched in stores and the like but all very usable.
:triplewide: