Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 05:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2016, 05:15 

Hi

I was wondering if I could get some advice. I recently started playing Fallout 4 again after a few months off and noticed that its not displaying correctly when using Flawless Widescreen. Firstly, the main display when using the power armour goes over my main screen and secondly, all in game messages/prompts re missions, etc are only displayed as yellow bars a 1/4 of the way over on my right hand monitor.

To me it just seems a simple scaling issue but I am unsure of how to fix this. It is also noticeable on the loading screens as all text that is associated with these isn't viable and the item displayed (ie weapon, workbench) seems much larger than usual.

Thanks in advance for your support

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2016, 07:26 

Hello everyone. I have patched the Interface.ba2 file to the latest update 1.7. This should be the last update for this needed since the game is not being updated anymore.I took the original Interface.ba2 file from this thread and just patched it over to the 1.7 update. This was done with all the DLC's installed.I have been running it for a few days now without any problems.

I myself like the BA2 fix over the flawless widescreen which for me caused problems.I used all the original tweaks in the ini file just like with the older BA2 files.

Below is the link to download it from until Haldi sets it up on the forum
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_gSkLM_nwikZUNJQ04zc3Y4cWs/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by Razzar99 on 10 Sep 2016, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2016, 01:24 

Hey Razzer, you could upload it to megaupload, dropbox, mediafire or google. I would really appreciate it, as I just got back into fallout but flawless still causes lots of problems. I'll pm you.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2016, 01:21 

The reason this file is so big is because the new update has added a new folder to it called scripts.That is why the old ba.2 doesnt work anymore

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2016, 04:26 

Hey man, thanks for uploading that, I can finally get back into fallout.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2016, 01:59 

Getting back to FO4 after a long break but I'm facing a problem trying to use the Flawless wide screen fixer: It doesn't seem to be showing me my health bar, ammo and its not populating the text for pop-up notifications like xp earned etc.

If I use the modified interfaces files provided earlier in the thread all those things show up but I suspect its leading to random silent CTDs, hence why I'm trying to figure out why the Flawless fixer isn't entirely working for me. I'm not using any other sort of HUD mods and I've tried unchecking and checking the HUD Fix and 'Contrain HUD to 16:9' options within Flawless but the health & ammo bar status continue to elude me when using it.

For background this is a freshly installed FO4 without any edits to the .inis except just to establish the full screen & resolution (5760x1080), its also on win10 if that makes a difference too and this is a brand new build, no vestiges of my old play through would exist. My previously experience was under win7 but way back before even patch 1.5, none of the DLCs had even been released before I'd give the game a break.

Pls halp, the random crashes that I suspect are coming from the modified interfaces file are gettin' to me but I can't prove it without playing long enough...but without the health & ammo status that's kind of hard to do ;)

Anyone else meet this?

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2016, 05:35 

Bumpinthenight wrote:
Getting back to FO4 after a long break but I'm facing a problem trying to use the Flawless wide screen fixer: It doesn't seem to be showing me my health bar, ammo and its not populating the text for pop-up notifications like xp earned etc.

If I use the modified interfaces files provided earlier in the thread all those things show up but I suspect its leading to random silent CTDs, hence why I'm trying to figure out why the Flawless fixer isn't entirely working for me. I'm not using any other sort of HUD mods and I've tried unchecking and checking the HUD Fix and 'Contrain HUD to 16:9' options within Flawless but the health & ammo bar status continue to elude me when using it.

For background this is a freshly installed FO4 without any edits to the .inis except just to establish the full screen & resolution (5760x1080), its also on win10 if that makes a difference too and this is a brand new build, no vestiges of my old play through would exist. My previously experience was under win7 but way back before even patch 1.5, none of the DLCs had even been released before I'd give the game a break.

Pls halp, the random crashes that I suspect are coming from the modified interfaces file are gettin' to me but I can't prove it without playing long enough...but without the health & ammo status that's kind of hard to do ;)

Anyone else meet this?

As long as everything is Vanilla (No modified files in /Data/Interface and the Interface.ba2) and your interface section looks like this. There should be no issues.

(In Fallout.ini or Fallout4Custom.ini if there are any edits in there)

[Interface]
fSafeZoneX=15.0
fSafeZoneY=15.0
fSafeZoneXWide=64.0
fSafeZoneYWid=36.0
fSafeZoneXWide16x10=64.0
fSafeZoneYWide16x10=36.0

If that is all the case Just to be sure, remove any and all files in /Data/Interface and try seeing what that does.

The nice part about the FW fix is you can mod the game just like normal without needing to Re-Edit Interface flash headers. If you still can't get it to work download and install Def_UI from the nexus and install it like any other mod. In the first menu of the installer It will have a selection of aspect ratios. Just pick 16:9 (Default). This will put a very nice Customizable HUD in the game. Since loose files always overwrite Bethesda Archives this will tell us whether or not the issue is the game or something else.

One other thing you should look at is in the FW settings panel. Under display detection make sure you have Enable Display Detection override unchecked. Since your not downsampling or using bezel correction there shouldn't be a need for that to be checked with a standard 16:3 aspect ratio.

If all else fails and you can't get it going and want to play. Just use the modified interface files the guy a couple comments up posted. Then go into your GPU control panel and set Max Rendered Frames to as high as you can stand without killing too much performance. This should help with some of the weird memory related crashing issues related to the high amounts of Textures streamed in and out and Post effects being rendered for your resolution. Another thing you can do to help is, Like with all Bethesda game the SLI profile is sub-optimal. If you have an Nvidia card and know what Nvidia Inspector is change SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_DX10_FOUR to SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_DX10_TWO, and all the stuttering as you turn or move around should vanish. If you don't have Nvidia or only 1 card don't worry about it.

One other helpful thing; Even if you don't use ENB downloading it then only put the d3d11.dll and enblocal.ini in your Fallout 4 main directory and set it to look like this.

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=false
ProxyLibrary=

[GLOBAL]
ApplyStabilityPatch=true
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

[MEMORY]
ForceVideoMemorySize=true (This you can try true or false, it is different for everybody. Some people true works better, some false.
VideoMemorySizeMb=10240

[ENGINE]
ForceVSync=false
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=61.0

[INPUT]
KeyCombination=16
KeyUseEffect=123
KeyFPSLimit=32
KeyShowFPS=33
KeyScreenshot=44
KeyEditor=13

[FIX]
DisableFakeLights=true

For DirectX11 and higher games GPU drivers do an okay job at caching any assets that can't fit in video memory into system memory. It isn't great though, and even lightning fast system ram is slow compared to two generation old Video Memory. So as draw calls get processed and assets that are in system memory get called and transferred to Video memory there can be some slow downs. Usually seen in the form of your GPU usage % dropping for a slight second, and the ensuing stutter. The method used by ENB does a better job than the GPU drivers do. So as much of a prick I think the ENB author is; and as corrupt as I find his usage of his status, and his 50,000 strong army of adolescent Skyrim fans, there isn't really a better option. Especially when you consider after 20+ years Bethesda still doesn't optimize their assets (At all), are using an engine that needed to be put out of it's misery years ago, then get what seems to be unpaid interns to do their mesh work and rigging. With that said they sure do excel at world crafting and narrative. As per usual I find myself incapable of brevity so this is where I'll end. Post any finding or results you get. We'll get it figured out for you one way or another. :twothumb:

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2016, 10:27 

Peer_Review wrote:
As long as everything is Vanilla (No modified files in /Data/Interface and the Interface.ba2) and your interface section looks like this. There should be no issues.

(In Fallout.ini or Fallout4Custom.ini if there are any edits in there)

[Interface]
fSafeZoneX=15.0
fSafeZoneY=15.0
fSafeZoneXWide=64.0
fSafeZoneYWid=36.0
fSafeZoneXWide16x10=64.0
fSafeZoneYWide16x10=36.0

If that is all the case Just to be sure, remove any and all files in /Data/Interface and try seeing what that does.

Modding those SafeZone values did it! Awesome! I can now use the Flawless tool and see the full HUD like intended. Thank you so much!

Btw right for the general FPS and stability etc I'll circle back on that one, I really hope it was just the modified interfaces file we'd been passing around here since the beginning but if its not I'll be back to try some more stuff. I vividly remember the game being quite stable the previous time I'd played though but that was a whole different computer, OS, patch level of the game and set of mods too so who knows right? Thanks again!

Hayden - if you ever pass through here and catch this comment it'd be pretty awesome if the tool mentioned something about the above values being required as well, that was the only different between a stock install and what it took for your tool to work. Thank you too of course, you've supported us through so many of Bethesda's unfortunate interfaces decisions over the years.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2016, 15:30 

Quick (maybe dumb) question. Is Flawless Widescreen considered a Mod by the game? Meaning achievements would be disabled? I am not using any other mods (just ini tweaks). Thanks!

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2016, 15:55 
I Donated
I Donated

PerfectCr wrote:
Quick (maybe dumb) question. Is Flawless Widescreen considered a Mod by the game? Meaning achievements would be disabled? I am not using any other mods (just ini tweaks). Thanks!

No, its not.
Also you will be warned if you load a game with mods. Game will ask you if you want to continue and disable achievements for that save. Once disabled for that save you cant go back.

And since i'm such a perve apparently, i couldn't resist playing with NUCLEAR Nude Mod and screwed the achievements (those damn wet skins is irresistible) . :doh:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1608/? :D

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next