Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 07:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 01 May 2016, 19:24 
I Donated
I Donated

Peer_Review wrote:
phlimm wrote:
Ulterior wrote:
I don't know if anyone else is receiving this error since 1.4 or if it's been around since a little before that, but every time I launch the game it just launches to a black screen with the windows 'waiting' circle spinning over my mouse cursor and never does anything. I used to be able to play on three monitors fine. Any suggestions or ideas?

You can try the Interface file that I made. It works on my system since I opted in for the 1.4 Survival Mode beta and I just tested it with 1.5 that was updated today.

There may be some difference in the scope sights than you are used to because I have not figured out how to add the missing components to the new update (any suggestions are gladly accepted).

Am I the only one who uses the flawless widescreen fix? I ask because I wonder if I missed something and everyone is using the old fixes for a reason. By old fixes I mean the original way we used to do it, via extracting and editing shockwave files, not the old files themselves. Also did someone figure out how to fix the weird lighting issues, or are people just turning the bComputeShaderDeferredTiledLighting variable off? Please and thank you in advance for a little insight.

I'm also only using FWS fix, and I have no issues, even with mods and after patches it works fine.

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 08:12 
Editors
Editors

mjolnir wrote:
I keep seeing reference to a tutorial for editing the ba2 file but I cannot find it for the life of me.

This?

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 54#p162454

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 11:03 

Haldi wrote:
mjolnir wrote:
I keep seeing reference to a tutorial for editing the ba2 file but I cannot find it for the life of me.

This?

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 54#p162454

Yes!

Thank you so much!! Not sure how I could miss it, but all the best and good on you!

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 21:37 

So, for patch 1.5, do we have a widescreen fix without HUD stretch?

PostPosted: 03 May 2016, 18:07 
I Donated
I Donated

DocMAX wrote:

The Flawless Widescreen fix still works fine for me with patch 1.5. No HUD stretched or anything. :onethumb:
I only use that fix, no edited files or anything.

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 03 May 2016, 19:23 

anteronoid wrote:
DocMAX wrote:

The Flawless Widescreen fix still works fine for me with patch 1.5. No HUD stretched or anything. :onethumb:

Same here. I like not having to re-edit interface files constantly. This way I can use the custom HUD I made or any other without having it only for a specific AR. Anyone else who might want to use it should remember to remove all the edits for the interface, but any other edits are fine. The FW fix makes more sense. I already have a hard enough time not throwing a cup through my monitor every time I find a new texture that needs to be redone.

I barely even get to play since the game looks so horrendous. I can get past graphics in most games. It actually is a very low priority as long as the game is good; which I think this one is. I sure do miss the days when it was an actual RPG, but I can get behind a well fleshed out open world shooter. To get back to the thought about graphics. There are two things that drive me absolutely mad. I mean literally spend 500 hours making textures for a 40 hour game mad (read:Mass Effect) . Those two things are bad shadows and poor texture work. If you are going to spend years making a game, then release it with textures so bad that if asked to think of a single word to describe your game I can only think "blurry" that is a shame. Especially when the rest of the game is so beautifully handcrafted. It makes me feel like perhaps the care they take crafting the story sucks up too many resources. Which is why I am thoroughly thrilled and excited to see all Bioware's new games in Dice's Frostbite Engine. Where Bethesda's Zombie engine that could needs to be given the Old Yeller treatment. Dice's engine (memory leaks not withstanding) is an amazing piece of tech. I feel like this might be getting a little ranty so.. yeah Flawless Widescreen no issues.

PostPosted: 03 May 2016, 22:38 
I Donated
I Donated

Peer_Review wrote:
anteronoid wrote:
DocMAX wrote:

Same here. I like not having to re-edit interface files constantly. This way I can use the custom HUD I made or any other without having it only for a specific AR. Anyone else who might want to use it should remember to remove all the edits for the interface, but any other edits are fine. The FW fix makes more sense. I already have a hard enough time not throwing a cup through my monitor every time I find a new texture that needs to be redone.

I barely even get to play since the game looks so horrendous. I can get past graphics in most games. It actually is a very low priority as long as the game is good; which I think this one is. I sure do miss the days when it was an actual RPG, but I can get behind a well fleshed out open world shooter. To get back to the thought about graphics. There are two things that drive me absolutely mad. I mean literally spend 500 hours making textures for a 40 hour game mad (read:Mass Effect) . Those two things are bad shadows and poor texture work. If you are going to spend years making a game, then release it with textures so bad that if asked to think of a single word to describe your game I can only think "blurry" that is a shame. Especially when the rest of the game is so beautifully handcrafted. It makes me feel like perhaps the care they take crafting the story sucks up too many resources. Which is why I am thoroughly thrilled and excited to see all Bioware's new games in Dice's Frostbite Engine. Where Bethesda's Zombie engine that could needs to be given the Old Yeller treatment. Dice's engine (memory leaks not withstanding) is an amazing piece of tech. I feel like this might be getting a little ranty so.. yeah Flawless Widescreen no issues.

Yes, I felt the same first when loaded it up first time. Very blurry and much of it is because of the bad AA. I couldnt play that way. Took me an hour of tinkering and googling and found a solution that works for me. I have used this fixes since day one and I'm pleased with the result of the SMAA and TAA+SHARP (im using SMAA) tweak with ReShade. Have a look at the examples and the guide there, try it out. It made a huge difference for me. http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout4_1.html

PostPosted: 08 May 2016, 17:28 

I hate to be "that guy", but this thread is 72 pages long with information spread out all over the place. I tried to follow the instructions on page 1, but keep CTD when loading the game. Can someone please link or write a step-by-step guide to get Fallout 4 working (relatively well) in a eyefinity/surround setup?

PostPosted: 08 May 2016, 18:10 
I Donated
I Donated

jedolley wrote:
I hate to be "that guy", but this thread is 72 pages long with information spread out all over the place. I tried to follow the instructions on page 1, but keep CTD when loading the game. Can someone please link or write a step-by-step guide to get Fallout 4 working (relatively well) in a eyefinity/surround setup?

Use the Flawless Widescreen plug in.

PostPosted: 08 May 2016, 19:34 

anteronoid wrote:
jedolley wrote:

Use the Flawless Widescreen plug in.

Do I still set the resolution in the .ini file? Anything else that I need to do other than install the FW FO4 plug in?

EDIT: w/o editing the .ini file, my resolution was not right so I went ahead and fixed it and launched the game. Everything seems to look right with the FW plugin except for when using the Power Armor... The HUD is still a bit off. Is there a fix, or is that to be expected?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 77  Next