Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 19:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2015, 23:39 
I Donated
I Donated

anteronoid wrote:
Works really well for me. Also 5760*1080. Steady 60fps. And I'm capping it at 60 and my my gpu's runs up to max 70%. Its a lot better with the latest gamepatch. Before was many dips to 40 fps when zooming in scopes and stuff and. I'm running most things on ultra/max except AA wich looks horrible and blurry. So instead of the ingame AA I run all fixes in the guide here with the ReShade framework. It now looks really sharp and good.
http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout4_1.html

Not here. 5760x1200, running two GTX 780's, getting really bad FPS. A lot of the times dipping into the 30's and 20's. Latest patch, and latest drivers.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 01:12 

Goatblaster wrote:
Just created this account. Wanted to say thanks for all working on this fix. Before the 1.2 patch I was using the fix posted here and it worked great! I too however am having issues with the latest fix here under the new 1.2 patch. Basically, any time the in-game "help" type system pops up (like, first time you do lock picking, first time you visit the work bench, first time this / that), where it pops up a message with a "how to do this" info, instead, I am getting a blank box on the screen labeled "Message content", and then nothing works. With the original ba2 file, it'd be just hit "enter" to dismiss the message, but under the fixed ba2, no key on the keyboard responds. In-game music still plays in the background, but no input is accepted to move past that blank message box. I've been saving, then switching the ba2 to the original, passing the message, re-saving, switching to the fixed ba2 and proceeding, but that damn message seems to pop up every time I try something for the first time.

Also, after I got past the first lock-pick help message, I picked the lock successfully, no issues, but after I came up to the 2nd lock pick situation, i successfully pick the lock, and it just kicks me back to desktop, no messages or warning. Doesn't occur under the original ba2 v1.2 file.

Anyway, thought I'd report what I'm seeing on my end. Thanks for the all hard work on this!

- Goatblaster.

I have this exact issue. I switched to use ekrboi's original multiple-swf fix which works great (though the scope isn't as pretty as Haldi's .ba2).

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 06:17 

Yes, I switched to the old pre-1.2 file as well and it seems to be working just fine for now. Not sure what was changed in 1.2 in the interface.ba2 file, but the old one seems to do the trick at least for now.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 16:22 
Editors
Editors

Old one?
So Erkbois patched files work or not?
I simply changed the SpecialMenu.swf and repacked it, might have broken something there.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 16:53 
I Donated
I Donated

Yeah, the first re-pack you did still works fine. :onethumb:
This one works: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 79#p162479 :D

The one you repacked last with Erkbois files does not work, I cant test how Erkbois files works without your re-pack since his links only points to your re-pack I believe.
This one does not work: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 02#p163102 :wtf:

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 19:30 
Editors
Editors

I've asked him to reupload his fix. Let's see if that works.
The old Patches were all with the original interface.ba2 before the game was patched

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 01:07 

I'm on 21:9 but that thread is dead. I have to use the original or first ba2 from this forum before the update or I get tiny text in game.

I'm trying to fix the scope manually. I have no experience with swf files but I'm a quick learner. Following the directions back on page 35 (I think) I can understand all of it except for editing the header to your resolution? I do not see how to edit this value unless it correlates to hexadecimal.

This may be something really easy I'm missing or waaayy to complicated for me. I would use the new interface file which as the scope fix included but again in 21:9 it's not working. If anyone could provide a tip I would be grateful. Or if anyone knows what to edit to get my hud and text the normal size as the FIRST modded ba2 file I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2015, 05:15 

as a 1 percenter 45x16 user, i managed to use the 21:9 support properly. but maaaan this game sucks the life out of my xfire 290's at 5400x1920.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMdRmCjhZVY

which is funny because i can run other AAA games just fine at medium/high settings like witcher 3, deus ex hr, gta 5, mgsvtpp, hitman absolution, crysis 1/2/3.

especially when i hit the cities, my framerate drops all to hell like 15-25's

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2015, 23:23 

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post the portrait-landscape-portrait (PLP) information for Fallout 4. This is by far the longest thread on ultra-widescreen setups for Fallout 4. Even though the discussion is mostly about Eyefinity/Surround, it seems like this might also be the right place for PLP information as well, since most of the problems are caused by the lack of in-game support for any resolution that is not 16:9 or 16:10, and the fixes for those use the same techniques (but different values for the settings depending on your resolution). The PIPWare UI really has the ability to fix all ultrawidescreen issues for all people, just needing some different configuration presets for different resolutions. If this thread is not the right place for this information, please let me know and I can move this post to the proper place.

This details in this post are a work in progress, but for now I have a mostly functional 4960x1600 (PLP) game experience. The main tool used is the PIPWare UI Fallout 4 Edition, which allows you to customize the HUD. I use my center monitor (the 2560x1600 monitor) as my main windows display (i.e. monitor #1), the left monitor is #2, and the right monitor is #3, so the upper left corner is at X=-1200.

Has the bounty for a completely working ultra-widescreen fix for Fallout 4 been claimed yet, or is it still available? :)

Required mods

Clean Power Armor HUD - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/178
PipWare UI Fallout4 Edition - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/388

Screen size and position fix

Fallout4Prefs.ini
[Display]
bTopMostWindow=0
bMaximizeWindow=0
bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=0
iSize H=1600
iSize W=4960
iLocation X=-1200
iLocation Y=0

NOTE: the bTopMostWindow=0 is important. If you set it to "1", as most recommendations are, it will ignore your iLocation X=-1200 value and start the game on your middle monitor.

FOV fix

Fallout4.ini
[Interface]
fDefaultWorldFOV=90
fDefault1stPersonFOV=130

PIP-Boy size fix

Use the console and type:
fov 80
refreshini

NOTE: save your came afterwards to make PIP-Boy size fix fix permanent.

Power Armor HUD Fix

[Interface]
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateW=0.00001
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateZ=-7
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateX=0.00001
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateY=367.0000

Normal HUD and other in-game UI Fixs

I'm asking the PipWare UI author rebb to publish my 4960x1600 pipWareConfig.xml with the mod, so it should be available as one of the presets and save you about 4 hours of messing around with HUD configuration to get it looking right. Until then, here's a link you can use to download it directly:

http://klms.kineticlearning.com/pipWare ... 0x1600.xml

I'm also working with the author to try to fix the remaining few (small) issues. In the end, I hope that the collaboration with the author will be able to solve almost all issues with non-standard resolutions.

FPS Fix (for nVidia)

Fallout4.ini
[Display]
iPresentInterval=0

Fallout4Prefs.ini
[Display]
iPresentInterval=0

The use nVidia Inspector to limit the frame rate to 58 FPS for the Fallout4.exe (which actually nets about a 60 FPS in game).

Running in a borderless window, with iPresentInterval=1, will lock your max FPS to be 1/2 of the monitor's refresh rate. So, if you have a 60Hz monitor, you will get at most 30 FPS. Unlocking the FPS by setting iPresentInterval=0 will allow unlimited FPS, but that causes problems with the game when the FPS goes too high, so you need to use nVidia Inspector to set the upper limit on framerate to prevent issues with the game.

Remaining Issues (mostly minor cosmetic issues)

I'll be working with rebb to try to solve as many of these as I can. I know information on the Main Menu swf and Scopes swf was posted here earlier in this thread. Hopefully that information can hep rebb incorporate fixes into the PIPWare UI tool to make the scopes configurable (X/Y scaling and offsets to un-squish them).

[*]The flashlight has a background (shadow behind it) that doesn't line up with the icon, and/or cannot be turned invisible. (FIXED in PIPWare UI 0.7.4)
[*]The explosive ammo has a background (shadow behind it) that doesn't line up with the icon, and/or cannot be turned invisible. (FIXED in PIPWare UI 0.7.4)
[*]The chrome is missing from the container and barter menus.
[*]The background (shadow) under the VATS Awareness line isn't big enough to cover the entire background under the text it is supposed to shadow.
[*]The inspect view's itemCard is way off to the left, and the mods dialog is split across the middle and right monitor. (FIXED in PIPWare UI 0.7.4)
[*]The main menu isn't centered on the middle monitor
[*]The loading screen isn't centered on the middle monitor
[*]The power armor hud's rainy glass extends beyond the borders of the middle window
[*]The scopes are distorted (squished horizontally)
[*]The lockpick menu is squished together at the bottom of the screen
[*]The background (shadow) under the quest complete graphic is misaligned and non yet configurable through PIPWare UI

Last edited by J.C. on 20 Dec 2015, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2015, 07:36 

CRAP! Sorry everyone. It seems that people are having issues. I've simply not had much play time recently but i'm off tomorrow so I plan to spend some time in fallout land! I'll look into the mentioned issues.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 77  Next