Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2015, 21:08 

I created an account here just so I could reply and give proper thanks to both Haldi and ekrboi for making this game 1000x more enjoyable. I remember buying my third monitor for Skyrim so many years ago, and then how unfortunate it was to not really be able to play because of all the stretched UI crap. I also remember just how long it took for a fix to come out for that from the community... and it wasn't even as good as what you two have done in less than one month! This is probably the first time I've honestly felt like having triple monitors was worth it. Thank you both so much, you are an inspiration. Thanks to Amon as well for organizing the information in the OP. :onethumb:

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2015, 21:20 

Ok guys it appears as if they pushed the beta out to general release. :| all your pretty work is now broken again. Does anyone know what changes were made to Interface for the update? I am going to try putting your fixed file back and see if there are any issues.

Robert

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2015, 21:41 

rdunlap wrote:
Ok guys it appears as if they pushed the beta out to general release. :| all your pretty work is now broken again. Does anyone know what changes were made to Interface for the update? I am going to try putting your fixed file back and see if there are any issues.

Robert

The update overwrites Haldi's modified file. Just put it back in place and it should work again. I've only played a tiny amount since but haven't noticed any issues.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2015, 21:43 

Has anyone successfully moved the game's output for the debug console to the center screen for Surround/Eyefinity? The Fallout4 wiki on the Console commands page says to modify iConsoleTextXPos in Fallout4_Default.ini in the main game directory, but it isn't in there and adding it didn't seem to change anything.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2015, 22:05 

GregR wrote:
Has anyone successfully moved the game's output for the debug console to the center screen for Surround/Eyefinity? The Fallout4 wiki on the Console commands page says to modify iConsoleTextXPos in Fallout4_Default.ini in the main game directory, but it isn't in there and adding it didn't seem to change anything.

I tried that one too but still get/got full width console so I didn't pursue it any further. Like you i have/am playing with the interface file Haldi and others assembled and see no issues yet. I would still like to know what changes made them need to update it. I would hate to find Attilla The Bug sometime down the road if I can avoid it. The patches these guys put together have made the game a pleasure to play. I am considering asking them for the actual files changed and instructions on how to recompile ba2's so I can manage my own progression as needed. It looks pretty straightforward with the exception that all I know about Flash would fit on a Sticky note with room left over. :oops: I did discover that one of the files I have downloaded *(I followed the thread from the 2nd post) has all but the SPECIAL menu fixed including the green boxes. and the other has all the files fixed but the green shade boxes are present. :think: A quick perusal of the pages and I don't see anything I missed.

NOTE: A nexus forum is saying that they killed MODS with the update and that the launcher is the culprit. I don't know since I am using ModOrganizer Alpha 2 for my mods.

Robert

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2015, 23:37 

rdunlap wrote:
GregR wrote:

I tried that one too but still get/got full width console so I didn't pursue it any further. Like you i have/am playing with the interface file Haldi and others assembled and see no issues yet. I would still like to know what changes made them need to update it. I would hate to find Attilla The Bug sometime down the road if I can avoid it. The patches these guys put together have made the game a pleasure to play. I am considering asking them for the actual files changed and instructions on how to recompile ba2's so I can manage my own progression as needed. It looks pretty straightforward with the exception that all I know about Flash would fit on a Sticky note with room left over. :oops: I did discover that one of the files I have downloaded *(I followed the thread from the 2nd post) has all but the SPECIAL menu fixed including the green boxes. and the other has all the files fixed but the green shade boxes are present. :think: A quick perusal of the pages and I don't see anything I missed.

NOTE: A nexus forum is saying that they killed MODS with the update and that the launcher is the culprit. I don't know since I am using ModOrganizer Alpha 2 for my mods.

Robert

I've not checked the Nexus forum, but other places I've looked that are talking about mods stopping working, it looked mostly a combination of a) the update overwrite a modded file like it did with Haldi's fix to the interface .ba2, or b) the mod used a new .esp and the launcher when it runs is overwriting the plugins.txt file that controls which .esp get loaded. Oh, also, c) the patch overwrote my Fallout4.ini. But I always keep backups anytime I make a change so it was quick enough to revert back if you do so.

For the first issue just reinstall the mod once (Nexus Mod Manager, just disable it and then enable it again) and that should be it until the next patch.

For the second, need to stop using the default Launcher to launch the game. What I ended up doing is I renamed Fallout4Launcher.exe in the actual game install directory to something else, and then replaced it with a copy of Fallout4.exe. So now any shortcuts/Steam that call Fallout4Launcher.exe bypass the launcher and actually just run the game executable straight out.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2015, 01:41 

GregR wrote:
rdunlap wrote:
GregR wrote:

Robert

I've not checked the Nexus forum, but other places I've looked that are talking about mods stopping working, it looked mostly a combination of a) the update overwrite a modded file like it did with Haldi's fix to the interface .ba2, or b) the mod used a new .esp and the launcher when it runs is overwriting the plugins.txt file that controls which .esp get loaded. Oh, also, c) the patch overwrote my Fallout4.ini. But I always keep backups anytime I make a change so it was quick enough to revert back if you do so.

For the first issue just reinstall the mod once (Nexus Mod Manager, just disable it and then enable it again) and that should be it until the next patch.

For the second, need to stop using the default Launcher to launch the game. What I ended up doing is I renamed Fallout4Launcher.exe in the actual game install directory to something else, and then replaced it with a copy of Fallout4.exe. So now any shortcuts/Steam that call Fallout4Launcher.exe bypass the launcher and actually just run the game executable straight out.

Actually I didn't know about the ini files. I have always been a ModOrganizer user and it maintains its own copies of the ini files to insert at runtime and allows starting the game directly. Unlike Nexus Mod Manager or the others ModOrganizer don't install anything into the Data directory or game directory. It creates a virtual directory and installs the mods into that during game startup so uninstalling mods is as safe as it can be. I couldn't stand the thought of throwing a bunch of stuff into the game directory. The version for FO4 is still in Alpha 2 so its not quite ready for prime time but is stable for an alpha so I expect to see it move forward quickly. I personally think Bethesda forgot to remove the Beta launcher during the update cycle. During a Beta you don't want any unknown extra's but at release they should have reverted to the other launcher.

Robert

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2015, 01:49 
Editors
Editors

GregR wrote:

Uhgs.
There is a hud element for the Console, but as it's only stretched over 3 Monitors and the Text is still fine i didn't really care about centering it ^^

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2015, 02:16 

Haldi wrote:
GregR wrote:

Uhgs.
There is a hud element for the Console, but as it's only stretched over 3 Monitors and the Text is still fine i didn't really care about centering it ^^

That was my thoughts too. Are you going to compile your changes into the updated Interface file? And will you give me some info on how you are doing the magic? I don't know anything about flash and don't really want too. Me brain is overheated most of the time anyhow, but the individual corrected files and some hints on compiling it into interface.ba2 when changes happen would be grand. Since I cant find any info on what the patch updated in that file I would really prefer to keep the patched one so Attilla The Bug don't byte me in the Assets.

Robert

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2015, 17:52 
Editors
Editors

it's written over several Post in this 50 pages ^^
Most of it is written here: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 54#p162454
I'll add that to the first post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 77  Next