Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2015, 04:18 

Haldi wrote:
chris686 wrote:
So... this thread is really scattered. Any chance someone in the know could do a write up and consolidate the information in a new topic or have an admin update the original post?

I'd potentially take a stab at an automated patcher. It doesn't look like it would be that difficult. I scanned through some of the GUI files and they're just SWF files, so doing some sort of batch decompile/edit/recompile makes a lot more sense than manual editing.

Definitely.
Especially since a patcher allows for 21:9, 16:3 or PLP Resolutions to work.
But you think you can get a patcher to work that does background decompiling of .ba2 modify all .swf files correctly, repack them into a .ba2 and modify the .ini file ?
Afaik only Jpex flash editor works with this .swf files.

I'm sure Erkboi and Ci7rus and I could try to write down all changes we did.

I would definitely put together a list.. but like Haldi said JPEX is the only way to go as far as I can tell. I've tried others and they either lack MANY options that JPEX has or I was in WAY over my head. I decompiled one of the swfs and opened it in Adobe Flash Pro CC... I couldn't figure out how to make that program do much LOL. I didn't try for very long though.

However the gist of it is changing the header file to match your res based on 1280x720 (ie. 5760x1080 is 3840x720) and then start playing.. you will find that some of the HUDs/menus will be the right size but not centered and will be all the way to the left side so you have to manually center the elements in the swf.. a little trial and error and you will figure out a formula/pattern for moving them. Just remember everything is in twips (pixel*20). Then it's onto the green boxes.. scaling/realigning the ones you can and or setting their scaling to 0,0 to get rid of them.

Some of the green boxes are static and those are the ones that are easy to scale/realign. Some of them are not static and are done with a shader which I've yet to figure out how to fix their scale much less align them. You can turn off the shader for some in the ac scripts.. but some of the swfs will fail to run and just crash the game or not appear in-game after modifying them with JPEX.. JPEX does say script editing is experimental.

I have done some more playing around with the swfs and have the main menu green boxes the right size and where they should be and also scaled the green background on the compass on the HUD. I'll upload an updated ba2 when there is a little more reason to do so.

FWI to Haldi and anyone else still messing with the files you can get it to load the swfs it wouldn't load before when they were just loose in the data/interface folder by setting archive invalidation like FO3/NV/Skyrim by adding bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 under [Archive] in fallout4.ini. So now you can play around with stubborn files without constantly repacking the ba2 to test them.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2015, 14:49 

guys does anyone have a fix for GTX 970s in SLI? I can use AFR2 profile when running on one screen but doesn't seem to work when in Surround mode.
40 fps is a joke especially for the spec of the machine.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2015, 15:55 
Insiders
Insiders

sd_dracula wrote:
guys does anyone have a fix for GTX 970s in SLI? I can use AFR2 profile when running on one screen but doesn't seem to work when in Surround mode.

I used this resource: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =554120493

It does work but the game still suffers from 30 to 40 FPS in most cases. The Arkham City SLI bits crashed my system more often so I don't recommend it, just use the first one mentioned. For any stellar improvement well need an official SLI profile cause this fix isn't that great.

Does anyone have a fix for the compass when wearing power armor? It is fine out side of it but in it everything gets smooshed. Thanks in advance.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2015, 20:07 
I Donated
I Donated

Kayden wrote:
sd_dracula wrote:

It does work but the game still suffers from 30 to 40 FPS in most cases. The Arkham City SLI bits crashed my system more often so I don't recommend it, just use the first one mentioned. For any stellar improvement well need an official SLI profile cause this fix isn't that great.

Does anyone have a fix for the compass when wearing power armor? It is fine out side of it but in it everything gets smooshed. Thanks in advance.

Doesn't really work for me. Using GTX 780's in SLI and every SLI bits give me very poor FPS except the 0x280000F5 bits. Otherwise I get around 20-30 FPS at 5760x1200. The 0x280000F5 SLI bits give me 45-60 FPS outdoors (usually, there are spots that dip down to 20 FPS for no reason at all, me thinks Bethesda and nVidia have a lot of work to do), however I get 20-30 FPS in doors. In the end the game's SLI problems are nVidia's and Bethesda's job to fix. No guide on the internet will give you proper SLI scaling.

Mind you my graphic settings are on Medium/High. Normally a game with this kind of graphic fidelity will give me 60 FPS with Surround, so that's a pretty good indication that we do not get proper SLI scaling.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2015, 20:09 

for PA HUD an INI tweak helps but still doesnt fix it entirely.

in fallout4.ini use the following:

under
[Display]
fDefaultFOV=100 //it appears so far that the only things using this setting are the PA HUD and the loading screens

under:
[Interface]
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateW=0.00001 //No idea but without it my changes below were not seen
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateZ=36.0000 //Adjusts the placement of the bottom of the hud increased values raise the hud
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateX=0.0001 //No idea but without it my changes were not seen
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateY=140.0000 //Adjusts the width of the hud SMALLER values widen the hud

I cant take credit for anything but working out cludge values to work with. I saw a reference to it someplace on Steam and began to twiddle it for Surround. If anyone can take this info and add to it it would be great. if i make it wider it begins to cut off elements top and bottom. ALSO NOTE: the shaded box to emulate looking through shield changes to a point then begins to change at a different rate than the HUD elements strange but true.

Thanks EVERYONE for all the work putting these changes together. I have been a Lurker and user of WSGF forever but registered to share for a change. :think:
Robert

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2015, 23:18 

rdunlap wrote:

under
[Display]
fDefaultFOV=100 //it appears so far that the only things using this setting are the PA HUD and the loading screens

under:
[Interface]
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateW=0.00001 //No idea but without it my changes below were not seen
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateZ=36.0000 //Adjusts the placement of the bottom of the hud increased values raise the hud
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateX=0.0001 //No idea but without it my changes were not seen
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateY=140.0000 //Adjusts the width of the hud SMALLER values widen the hud

I cant take credit for anything but working out cludge values to work with. I saw a reference to it someplace on Steam and began to twiddle it for Surround. If anyone can take this info and add to it it would be great. if i make it wider it begins to cut off elements top and bottom. ALSO NOTE: the shaded box to emulate looking through shield changes to a point then begins to change at a different rate than the HUD elements strange but true.

Thanks EVERYONE for all the work putting these changes together. I have been a Lurker and user of WSGF forever but registered to share for a change. :think:
Robert

The above does make the markers viewable/useable, it also makes the hud much larger. May have to experiment with the numbers to find somewhere in between.

Update: Trying out these settings for now 5760x1080:

[Interface]
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateW=0.00001
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateZ=14.0000
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateX=0.00001
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateY=265.0000
fDefaultWorldFOV=90
fDefault1stPersonFOV=100

I do not use the DefaultFOV line in Display at all...

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2015, 06:04 

tricky wrote:
rdunlap wrote:

under
[Display]

under:
[Interface]

Robert

The above does make the markers viewable/useable, it also makes the hud much larger. May have to experiment with the numbers to find somewhere in between.

Update: Trying out these settings for now 5760x1080:

[Interface]
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateW=0.00001
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateZ=14.0000
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateX=0.00001
fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateY=265.0000
fDefaultWorldFOV=90
fDefault1stPersonFOV=100

I do not use the DefaultFOV line in Display at all...

Yea this seems to be the best compromise. At least the hud elements are large enough to tell what they are mostly. You notice the shield graphic change rate is different? Like its another element completely and just dont want to play.

Robert

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2015, 18:25 

Amon Amarth wrote:
Kayden wrote:
sd_dracula wrote:

Doesn't really work for me. Using GTX 780's in SLI and every SLI bits give me very poor FPS except the 0x280000F5 bits. Otherwise I get around 20-30 FPS at 5760x1200. The 0x280000F5 SLI bits give me 45-60 FPS outdoors (usually, there are spots that dip down to 20 FPS for no reason at all, me thinks Bethesda and nVidia have a lot of work to do), however I get 20-30 FPS in doors. In the end the game's SLI problems are nVidia's and Bethesda's job to fix. No guide on the internet will give you proper SLI scaling.

Mind you my graphic settings are on Medium/High. Normally a game with this kind of graphic fidelity will give me 60 FPS with Surround, so that's a pretty good indication that we do not get proper SLI scaling.

I thought there is some trick like AFR2 which seems to improve things when running on one screen only.
But I guess not.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2015, 21:54 
Administrators
Administrators

sd_dracula wrote:
Amon Amarth wrote:
Kayden wrote:

...snip...

....snip...

I thought there is some trick like AFR2 which seems to improve things when running on one screen only.
But I guess not.

Looks like we're in luck! Official SLI support is coming tomorrow with the game-ready driver for Just Cause 3!

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015, 01:53 

Brett wrote:
Looks like we're in luck! Official SLI support is coming tomorrow with the game-ready driver for Just Cause 3!

SWEET! just in time for me to cross the 100hr mark.. J/K that will probably be this evening :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 77  Next