Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2015, 21:46 

Hayden is back!!

Nice to heard from you

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2015, 22:37 

I have read and redirected a bunch of times in this thread... getting a little confused...
Is it possible for the thread starter to update the first post to match the newest settings/info?
Instead of linking to the post, that links to a new post, and so on...

I would really appreciate the help it would be if the first post included all the info needed to get this to work...

To me it is unbelievable that a high-end game like fallout 4 does not support suround view / eyefinity natively...
and SLI... incredible
:WWTH2Go:

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2015, 22:43 

HaYDeN wrote:
About as far as I got last week - been a little busy with work.... I did also correct the model aspect.

Whilst I haven't tried the modded flash files, it looks like these are suffice anyway?

Nice work. That's Awesome!!!
When do we get the files to play with? Or are you going to add this to Flawless Widescreen?

Cheers.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2015, 23:33 

HaYDeN wrote:
About as far as I got last week - been a little busy with work.... I did also correct the model aspect.

Whilst I haven't tried the modded flash files, it looks like these are suffice anyway?

Good work!

Having the modded interface files has made it totally playable IMO, but there are some limitations to what we have been able to fix with them. Nothing game breaking(IMO) .. the transparent green backgrounds on many of the menus are broken/not where they should be. I/we have gotten rid of some of them by either turning them off in the scripts in the swf's or setting their scaling to 0 to essentially hide them since going back and forth to try to get the scaling right was just far more trouble than it was worth and scaling only applies to the ones that are static in size, many of them are not. With the tool we have been using to edit them I've found a few that crash the game after simple edit to the scripts in them.. the tool says editing the scripts is "experimental" so I guess it's just a limitation of it.

Then the other issue is the model aspect and size which I've had no luck in figuring out.. but neither issue has stopped me from sinking 80 hours into it (probably 65-70 once I subtract the time I've spent on the modding/testing menus overall). For as long as I play the game I'll keep up with changes to the interface.ba2 and keep them posted here when Haldi doesn't beat me to it :P . I'm certainly looking forward to your plugin for FWS though, but having these modded menus as a backup is great for when Bethesda inevitably breaks your plugin like they did with Skyrim.

Out of curiosity have you tried the beta you can currently opt into on steam? if only for the purpose of seeing if it breaks your work so far?

EDIT* Oh! and happy turkey day to the 'Murican's in here ;)

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 04:22 

phlimm wrote:
I was wondering if someone had addressed the issue of the tiny books such as the Diamond City Newspaper? In my 5520x1010 resolution, they are way too small to read and you cannot zoom in on them. Thanks

HanzDD wrote:
I use 5760x1200 Eyefinity and I used the "FIX" but i have little problem:

Menu for workstation (buildings) is a problem. Pictures in are too small ...

I just fixed both of these on my own 3 x 16:9 surround setup. You can edit the scales and camera positions for the 3D UI elements using the ini file.

Unfortunately, this doesn't allow us to fix bad aspect ratios, but at least we can make things big enough to see details.

On the bright side, the books/notes already display in the right aspect, just not big enough, so this properly fixes them.

Option 1: Simply make the height correct. Merge this with Fallout4.ini:

Code:
[Interface]
fNoteDistance=12.0000
fBookDistance=36.6667
fWorkshopMenuItem3DScale=2.0000

Option 2: For the horizontally-squished elements, make them a bit taller than originally intended, in order to show more detail that has been lost from the squishing. Merge this with Fallout4.ini:

Code:
[Interface]
fInventory3DItemZoomScale=2.6250
fInventory3DItemPosScaleWide=1.7500
fInventory3DItemPosScale=2.1875
fNoteDistance=12.0000
fBookDistance=36.6667
fWorkshopMenuItem3DScale=1.7143
fWorkbenchItemScreenScale=1.7500
fInspectItemScreenScale=1.7500

Note this assumes 48:9 (surround/eyefinity). For 21:9 you'd want to scale fWorkshopMenuItem3DScale and the two distances by 48/21.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 07:00 

Aiken Drum wrote:
I just fixed both of these on my own 3 x 16:9 surround setup. You can edit the scales and camera positions for the 3D UI elements using the ini file.

Heck yea! Nice find! Googling for the settings you posted I found a nice list of all(?) the available settings. Is that where you found/figured out these?

http://forum.step-project.com/topic/9309-fallout-4-default-values-for-all-valid-ini-settings/

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 08:34 

ekrboi wrote:
Heck yea! Nice find! Googling for the settings you posted I found a nice list of all(?) the available settings. Is that where you found/figured out these?

http://forum.step-project.com/topic/9309-fallout-4-default-values-for-all-valid-ini-settings/

Yes, though possibly not that actual page. I think I actually got my list from a pre-fallout-4 page about Skyrim and FO3. I found it while trying to work out something decent to utilize SLI. Regardless, that there looks like a nice resource for finding other possible tweaks.

The real fix would be to find the place where the swf draws the icons/previews and make them 3x wider or change their UVs, but I don't know jack about decompiling swfs and mucking with them. I figure, though, that what they do is to have placeholder/blank textures on certain rectangles in the swf, probably with some unique identifier(s), which they then replace dynamically with engine-generated textures. The problem is that the engine-generated textures are 3x too wide since they have the same aspect as the frame buffer.

I guess it's possible that they simply draw the swf results on top of the game render, and then draw the dynamic elements of the UI on top of that... but that's now how I'd have done it if it were me, so I doubt it. It'll be harder if they're manually dropping additional 3D on top of the already-rendered swf, that's for sure. That'd require a D3D hooking solution like in Flawless Widescreen.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 09:39 

Aiken Drum wrote:
ekrboi wrote:

Yes, though possibly not that actual page. I think I actually got my list from a pre-fallout-4 page about Skyrim and FO3. I found it while trying to work out something decent to utilize SLI. Regardless, that there looks like a nice resource for finding other possible tweaks.

The real fix would be to find the place where the swf draws the icons/previews and make them 3x wider or change their UVs, but I don't know jack about decompiling swfs and mucking with them. I figure, though, that what they do is to have placeholder/blank textures on certain rectangles in the swf, probably with some unique identifier(s), which they then replace dynamically with engine-generated textures. The problem is that the engine-generated textures are 3x too wide since they have the same aspect as the frame buffer.

I guess it's possible that they simply draw the swf results on top of the game render, and then draw the dynamic elements of the UI on top of that... but that's now how I'd have done it if it were me, so I doubt it. It'll be harder if they're manually dropping additional 3D on top of the already-rendered swf, that's for sure. That'd require a D3D hooking solution like in Flawless Widescreen.

I looked through that whole list and messed around with anything that looked interesting and didn't find anything more of interest as far as the HUD/menus go. Having dug around inside the swf's as far as I can tell the "icons" are not in there so like you said I believe they are drawn by the engine on top of the swf. Which makes sense because of the ability to scale them with the ini options you posted.

With all of the options available in the ini's why can't there be one to edit HUD/menu position/height/width.. I mean it must be trivial to implement and it's something gamers have been complaining about since FO3, but Bethesda can't be bothered it seems.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 17:52 

I used the video to help me set this up & the only real problem I have is the cross hair position. It is skewed to the right instead of looking forward & makes searching for loot a little hard now. I have the FOV's at 100 each & I use 3 27" mon. at 5760 X 1080 with a bezel comp. at 6048 X 1080 & was wondering if I had the right res in the fix. I have 5760 in the fix & play with the comp so do I need to change my res fix to 6048. Any help would be appreciated, I just don't want to spend all day trying different settings messing things up worse.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 20:49 

spacepiggio wrote:
I used the video to help me set this up & the only real problem I have is the cross hair position. It is skewed to the right instead of looking forward & makes searching for loot a little hard now. I have the FOV's at 100 each & I use 3 27" mon. at 5760 X 1080 with a bezel comp. at 6048 X 1080 & was wondering if I had the right res in the fix. I have 5760 in the fix & play with the comp so do I need to change my res fix to 6048. Any help would be appreciated, I just don't want to spend all day trying different settings messing things up worse.

TL;DR version:

If you like 1300 at 5760x1080, try using 1396 at 6048x1080.

Long version:

That value is supposed to be the left edge of the UI on a 1280x720 display, since the UI was authored for 1280x720. It's simply scaled up or down as needed for the actual resolution.

The default value is 64. Personally I think that's way too much safe zone on a computer monitor, but that's nevertheless the default. I personally use a value of 20.

For non-bezel-corrected 3 x 16:9 surround, you just need to add the left monitor's width to the value. Remember the UI thinks a monitor is 1280x720, so that's 1280 to add. By default, that gives 1280+64 = 1344. However, most people seem to agree with me about a smaller default of 20 or so, so they go with 1280+20 = 1300.

For bezel-corrected 3 x 16:9 surround, you also need to add one bezel to the value, but it has to be as if you were running 1280x720 monitors. Your actual bezel correction appears to be 144 when running 1920x1080, but if you were running 1280x720, it'd be one-third fewer pixels, so I'd say to add 96 to whichever value you like best for the non-bezel corrected resolution.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 77  Next