Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 08:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dark Souls II
PostPosted: 26 May 2014, 17:41 

Zettoz wrote:
I tried the fix as well and it doesn't seem to work.

Fix enabled alone would allow the game to run normally (Black Boxes on monitors 1 and 3)

Aspect or HUD Fix causes all text to disappear and black boxes remain.

****UPDATE****

I was able to fix the issue. I found that I had Flawless Widescreen installed under C:\ while all of my steam games were in E:\
Despite pointing to the location in the settings it seemed to bug out being on a different drive. Re-installing FW under E:\ fixed it all up.

I have the same problem i install the FW on (D) drive where my games are but i still have black 1 and 3 monitor...

PostPosted: 28 May 2014, 02:27 

Using Flawless Widescreen fixer as well, and up till today all was working great. After the update on 5/27 I am getting all three screens stuck with a pure white background. Dark Souls 2 goes into (not responding) and the text on the status window of the FWF just says configuring. Thanks for all the help to make widescreen gaming actually possible!

PostPosted: 28 May 2014, 03:47 

Im glad i'm not the only one... too bad i started re-dl ds2.... yea im getting widows error reports and cant use FWS in dark souls2... its impossible to play with 1 screen now, would be awesome too see a fix soon.

PostPosted: 28 May 2014, 09:37 
Administrators
Administrators

HaYDeN knows about it, see the Flawless Widescreen forum: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 87#p152587

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 28 May 2014, 14:30 

i just tried to use it then... still failing..

must be someone else on this planet besides hayden who can help him out.. must be a headache trying to do everythin for everyone on your own..

PostPosted: 28 May 2014, 15:18 

can someone post up the version that does work ? i cant find a roll back option to get rid this breaking stuff

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2014, 19:34 

I’ve been using FW v1.0.12 with the Dark Souls 2 plug-in released on the 26th of April. It worked perfectly for my monitor 1280x1024 and I had disabled auto-update to prevent any problems. “Why mess with it, if it works, right?” But today I needed to download a new plugin for a new game and I had to update to download the other plugin for some reason.

The new Dark Souls 2 plugin gives me a bug where some text on some action prompts is out of place. I think it’s from the updated plugin because the bug is present in both v1.0.12 and v1.0.15 of FW.

Now I need the plugin from the 26th or the 27th don’t know which one I downloaded last before I turned off auto-update. I’m not worried about VAC bans. If someone has these versions of the plugin please post them or send them to me.

Please I’m kind of bummed out because it was perfect and I just knew something like this would happen. Next time I’ll remember to have a second folder with a second FW for other games.

Edit: After some fiddling around I think what happened was that the fix for party members broke the text on other menus with Hud fix on, when I disable Hud fix it gets a bit better but then I have a different issue where stat bonuses don’t display directly under the stamina bar.

I need the plugin from the 26th of April, since that one worked for me and I don’t care for the party members name bug. I don’t use summons anyway and I like having Hud fix on.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2014, 23:10 

Hi, new update 1.11 has broken the fix.....Hayden please :savews: :cheers: :roll:

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2015, 20:20 

Hello, there was an update last week and it broke the game, any help would be appreciated :)

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2015, 20:40 

Snap! Same issue :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next