Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 11:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dark Souls II
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2014, 16:26 

UPDATE:

Guys I have been using the fix and have not gotten banned (knock on wood) so far. Thanks

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2014, 22:12 

VAC bans are delayed. You won't know if they're banning for it for 2weeks to 2 months.

Not saying you are banned, just saying you won't know if its bannable yet.

PostPosted: 01 May 2014, 00:58 
Editors
Editors

Those of you that are worried, please read this : http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comm ... about_vac/

In short, Valve will not respond whether a mod is bannable or not. However, their statement says that the ONLY thing they ban for are mods that give other players an advantage over others.

My interpretation of this means that they will only ban when they know something is 100% a cheat/bannable offence. I think using FWS is safe. Again, this is my opinion based on no concrete facts.

PostPosted: 01 May 2014, 12:33 

Where is Helifax,will Helifax create fix for DARK SOULS 2 or METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE nothing new from him...

PostPosted: 01 May 2014, 18:31 
Insiders
Insiders

landrass wrote:
Where is Helifax,will Helifax create fix for DARK SOULS 2 or METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE nothing new from him...

I am still around:) Just been busy with other stuff;)) and didn't have time for other things:) There is no point in fixing an already fixed game;)) So;))

Metal Gear Rising Revenge - I didn't even had time to install it ... yet:))
Dark Souls 2 - I used Hayden's fix and it works perfect for me...haven't played more than one day though:))

I do have Resident Evil 4 fix laying around...but didn't had time to make it in a plugin also:)) So:)) atm pretty busy;)) Thx for asking though ^_^

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 01 May 2014, 19:57 

I use Widescreen fixer because with Flawless Widescreen fixer i always have some problems..That why i ask for Dark soul 2 and metal gear......never mind glad u still around :triplewide:

PostPosted: 02 May 2014, 05:19 
Insiders
Insiders

landrass wrote:
I use Widescreen fixer because with Flawless Widescreen fixer i always have some problems..That why i ask for Dark soul 2 and metal gear......never mind glad u still around :triplewide:

Why not be proactive and try to figure out why?

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 02 May 2014, 14:24 

Am
I still the only one to have tried 5x1?

PostPosted: 03 May 2014, 02:50 

I tried the fix as well and it doesn't seem to work.

Fix enabled alone would allow the game to run normally (Black Boxes on monitors 1 and 3)

Aspect or HUD Fix causes all text to disappear and black boxes remain.

****UPDATE****

I was able to fix the issue. I found that I had Flawless Widescreen installed under C:\ while all of my steam games were in E:\
Despite pointing to the location in the settings it seemed to bug out being on a different drive. Re-installing FW under E:\ fixed it all up.

PostPosted: 07 May 2014, 03:18 

Zettoz wrote:
I tried the fix as well and it doesn't seem to work.

Fix enabled alone would allow the game to run normally (Black Boxes on monitors 1 and 3)

Aspect or HUD Fix causes all text to disappear and black boxes remain.

****UPDATE****

I was able to fix the issue. I found that I had Flawless Widescreen installed under C:\ while all of my steam games were in E:\
Despite pointing to the location in the settings it seemed to bug out being on a different drive. Re-installing FW under E:\ fixed it all up.

+1. Nowhere did I find instructions that told me I needed to do any of this. The following instructions should be put on a post somewhere on the first page, to help those having issues:

1)If your Steam Library is across multiple drives, add all the directories under Settings > Configuration > Steam Path Matching.

2)If you still have issues, move widescreen fixer binary files and whatnot to the same drive as the game you need to patch.

EDI:
Looks like I broke it. It was all correct but when I finished posting this and re-launched, it squeezed everything to the center screen. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next